Network Operations Specialist
Eagle is currently seeking a Network Operations Specialist for a permanent job opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Performing support, implementation, monitoring, and configuration of the client’s Firewall, Load Balancer, VPN, DHCP, SIP, SNMP, and ISP infrastructure in North America in accordance with the client’s telecommunications strategy;
- Consulting on various technology applications and general infrastructure projects;
- Providing the oversight of vendor provided Network Services;
- Participating in 7 X 24 on-call operational support applicable infrastructure services;
- Responding to service outages with timely corrective actions as required and taking overall accountability for all complex LAN/WAN/Internet related Severity 1/major business impacting outages;
- Consulting with Project Teams as required in order to resolve issues in a timely manner;
- Developing and maintaining a consistent process and operational models to ensure timely maintenance of the client’s network services infrastructure;
- Understanding, analyzing, and evaluating service outages through troubleshooting and knowledge management;
- Collaborating with other internal/external service stakeholders for service related issues and providing proactive Disaster Recovery;
- Supporting the business in suggesting solutions to business problems;
- Working with the Project Teams to vet solutions and technology depending upon the size and scale of any new requirements or modifications;
- Leading/collaborating with Network Services vendors as required to ensure solutions are aligned with defined architecture and associated standards;
- Collaborating with F5 and Firewall vendors as applicable for service related issues, ensuring communication and timely usage of contingency and failover options (helps develop and maintain IT Disaster Recovery Plan);
- Helping develop proof-of-concept models to demonstrate proposed architecture/design changes;
- Leading and/or participating in new service implementations; and,
- Creating documentation and guides users on how the various F5/Firewall/Internet services work and interact.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred or ten plus (10+) years of applicable experience;
- Cisco, Palo Alto, and F5 certifications/experience required;
- In depth knowledge with F5, Firewall, and Internet services;
- Strong experience with enterprise F5 and Firewall implementations;
- Strong experience and proven ability to troubleshoot with end users and vendors on F5, Firewall, and Internet services;
- Strong knowledge and ability to triage service issues and the ability to proactively initiate restoration solutions;
- Experience and understanding of how network services infrastructure interact with Voice Networks;
- Specific in-depth knowledge of IP protocol conversion;
- Proficiency in information management concepts, information delivery architecture with extensive knowledge of LAN/WAN/Internet services;
- Cross-functional knowledge of how departments interact with one another;
- Cross functional knowledge of how LAN, WAN and Internet services interact/relate to VoIP, and Voice Networks infrastructure;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to interact with various levels of management;
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with various levels of management, staff, and customers;
- The ability to work independently or as part of a team;
- The ability to adapt and overcome challenges; and,
- A strong understanding of short and long term telecommunications strategies and designs.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.