Camp Desktop Technician
Eagle is currently seeking a Camp Desktop Technician for a six (6) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately. This position works on a 7 day in/7 day out rotation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Tracking and updating all problem calls through the corporate tracking system;
- Monitoring functioning of equipment and making necessary modifications to ensure the system operates in conformance with specifications;
- Analyzing information to determine, recommend, and plan layout, including type of computers and peripheral equipment modifications;
- Working under guidance to assist other support teams to troubleshoot/resolve issues with network/storage infrastructure;
- Working with end-users to develop an understanding of the needs and uses of their PC’s including hardware, software, and printers;
- Analyzing and diagnosing problems reported by end-users;
- Resolving complex end-user issues in consultation with Senior and/or Lead Analyst;
- Taking ownership over other various IT related projects;
- Developing and maintaining process documentation;
- Assisting in the evaluation of new computer hardware and software;
- Offering suggestions to improving team development and practices;
- Understanding of PC and Software Asset Management processes;
- Fostering collaboration in a highly collaborative environment; and,
- Installing PC hardware and software for end-users.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field;
- Two (2) to five (5) years large desktop deployment related experience;
- Basic knowledge of circuit boards, processors, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software;
- Knowledge of computer software, such as configuration management software, desktop communications software, operating system software and internet directory services software;
- Knowledge of VOIP phone systems and basic network administration is preferred;
- High level knowledge of Window XP, Windows 7, Windows 10, computer diagnostics and repair, Office 2003 through Office 365;
- Experience with enterprise management tools and imaging computers;
- Oil and Gas software support nice to have;
- Excellent verbal and written communication, problem solving, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work independently and manage time; and,
- Experience creating and maintaining documentation.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.