Senior Application Developer
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Senior Application Developer for a one (1) year contract opportunity, scheduled to begin April 2018.
Key Responsibilities of a SR Application Developer
The successful candidate will:
- Participate in the design, development, construction, testing, delivery, implementation and maintenance of applications for the ministry as required;
- Participate in analysis of ministry requirements and assist in in producing application technical specifications as required;
- Assist in the development of a production control support process for the application as required;
- Follow all architectural, and security standards, policies and guidelines when building applications;
- Ensure code written is thoroughly tested by following testing best practices including the use of unit testing, system testing, and performance testing;
- Assist in troubleshooting application issues in any environment;
- Create or update existing application support documentation for assigned applications to ensure that it matches the code and environment;
- Assist in managing and maintaining development and system test environments required to maintain the application;
- Assist in the continuous improvement of all ministry recommended application architecture development standards and guidelines;
- Provide tracking and reporting of time and status on all work as required.
Skills and Qualifications of a Senior Application Developer
The qualified candidate must have:
- Experience with analytical, problem solving and decision-making, including dealing with situations where information is difficult to obtain, complex or ambiguous;
- Experience with maintaining, upgrading and enhancing applications developed using ColdFusion 9 or greater;
- Experience with modern front-end web technologies and toolsets such as but not limited to Angular, SASS, etc.;
- Experience assisting in the collection and documentation of user requirements;
- Experience facilitating meetings and interviews, obtaining information, and influencing others;
- Customer focus, client service skills, communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Experience in installing and configuring the BMC Information Technology Service Management application;
- Experience with Red Dot Content Management System (CMS);
- Experience developing custom reports for applications using technologies such as Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) or Crystal;
- Experience with Disaster Recovery plans and testing;
- Experience working in or for the public sector or similar size organization.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.