Eagle is currently seeking a Project Specialist for a one (1) year contract opportunity, scheduled to begin in April.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Interpreting business requirements for timely and appropriate project delivery;
- Developing and executing project plans including risk, scope, communication, and schedules;
- Planning, monitoring, and controlling projects from concept to closing using appropriately scaled methodology;
- Monitoring project and team performance against plans and take effective corrective action;
- Building consensus and negotiating across functional organizational lines;
- Managing initiatives at a high-level as well as having attention to detail;
- Identifying requirements for, negotiating ,and leading cross-functional resources;
- Working closely with and maintain strong work relationships with stakeholders and sponsors from all functional areas of business;
- Managing changing priorities to complete project delivery within defined constraints;
- Contributing to the ongoing development of Project Management methodology, process, and documentation;
- Effectively managing risk by minimizing threats and maximizing opportunities within the project;
- Identifying, handling, and resolving conflict effectively; and,
- Demonstrating interest in and accountability for personal and professional development.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A University Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or equivalent;
- A minimum of five (5) years progressive experience managing infrastructure projects such as core application upgrades, Internet and Extranet development, network and telecom infrastructure deployments within a professional services organization;
- A minimum of five (5) years progressive experience within IT Operations, Systems Architecture, Networks with hands on technology exposure;
- Experience managing IT Infrastructure projects of varying size and complexity, which could include data centre moves, new system implementations, upgrades or migrations across various environments, managed services and/or technology or tools deployment;
- Exposure to executing projects across a physically distributed environment along with strong vendor management experience;
- Strong negotiation skills to negotiate resources, changes, issues, budgets, and timelines;
- Infrastructure project management experience, SQL, Cisco technologies, Virtualization, WAN, Firewalls, Security, Sharepoint, Citrix, Telephony, VOIP;
- Data centre consolidation or migration project exposure;
- Familiarity with Infrastructure Technologies, dealing with multiple vendors;
- Proactive approach to working on skeleton plan for upcoming projects;
- The ability to optimize available resources to deliver business objectives and maximize business efficiency;
- The ability to adapt to the requirements of the assignment and make appropriate changes in style as needed;
- Demonstrated ability to match content, style and language to suit the audience and context, maximizing understanding;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, leadership, motivational, organizational, and planning skills;
- The ability to direct, influence, and inspire others to optimize performance and achieve goals;
- The ability to influence team members without direct authority;
- Exposure to working within legal services an asset;
- Requirements gathering experience is an asset; and,
- Experience with Fibre construction is a huge asset and preferred.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.