Senior Analyst - Desktop Engineering
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking two (2) Senior Analysts – Desktop Engineering for nine (9) month contract opportunities, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Solving complex business problems using industry leading technology tools and innovative design approaches with a focus on productivity and collaboration to deliver world class end user experiences;
- Designing, consulting, deploying, supporting, and maintaining an array of technology vendor products and solutions;
- The design and delivery of scalable, cost effective, secure technology solutions for end user computer platform and infrastructure services that align with the global technology roadmap;
- Applications that extend platform capabilities, ensuring that these products are maintained current with the vendor’s product roadmap, and aligned with the requirements of the business;
- Managing the engineering artifacts and roadmaps, proactively identify service improvement opportunities, feature enhancements, user experience changes, and resolving team and/or individual technology knowledge gaps;
- Building, validating, testing, and documenting solution designs and ensuring operational transition through formal and informal knowledge sharing, using industry standard techniques;
- Developing and maintaining design specifications that meet technical, functional, and non-functional requirements and conform to service definition, geographical requirements, and architecture and security standards;
- Designing and developing infrastructure solutions that enhance the management, stability, security, disaster recovery, and cost effectiveness of the global end user computing environment;
- Maintaining documentation on all technical services and solutions in compliance with accepted service design standards;
- Communicating frequently and effectively with client service peers with client interaction being key to managing expectations, assessing needs, and customizing solutions;
- Working with operational support teams to collect, analyze, and report on incident and problem data with a view on continuous improvement and capacity management; and,
- Interacting with various Engineering and Technical Support Teams across the Information Technology organization including networking, servers, storage, security, service desk, and front line support.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidates must have:
- A University Degree/College Diploma in related discipline(s) or equivalent work experience and/or seven plus (7+) years of experience in the IT industry;
- Understanding and aptitude for emerging industry technologies such as cloud solutions for end user platform and infrastructure technologies (Azure), Next Generation enterprise mobile thin client hardware (Chromebook);
- Understanding and aptitude for end user client computing technologies such as application (CITRIX) and O/S virtualization (VMWare), mobile security, device management, and connectivity (Airwatch, Intune);
- Technical background including experience with client computing hardware and Windows O/S platforms;
- Experience with the Microsoft Suite of technologies that support the desktop environment (i.e. SCCM, SCOM, etc.);
- Experience with Thin Client compute platforms (WYSE);
- Expert understanding of Active Directory and group policy objects and federated services;
- Experience with enterprise endpoint protection security products (i.e. McAfee AV, Encryption, Firewall, ePO);
- Experience in desktop management and desktop operating system support for Win7 and Win10;
- Solid written and verbal communication skills along with strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong troubleshooting and research skills used to match technology solutions to business needs including estimation, project sizing, and project management;
- General knowledge of networking, servers, storage, and data security concepts;
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange / Outlook;
- Broad multi-platform and multi-industry experience;
- Understanding of the ITIL model;
- Familiarity with Agile Infrastructure delivery;
- Familiarity with additional classes of end user computer platforms (Apple, Linux); and,
- Current MCSE certification.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.