Eagle is currently seeking a RF Engineer. This is a nine (9) month, contract position scheduled to start in March.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Radio systems design for UMTS/HSPA and LTE networks;
- Design of wireless system radio coverage using RF engineering software and accepted engineering principles to determine equipment type, configuration, antenna placement, ERPs, etc.;
- Ensuring existing and new sites are in compliance with Health Canada’s Safety Code 6;
- Creating and issuing design work orders for the capacity augmentation of our multi-band LTE network;
- Working with other engineering departments as well as field operations and facilities to provide a sound technical design and support; and,
- Optimization of wireless networks as part of integrating of new sites.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Post-secondary electrical engineering program (BSc/B.Eng. or equivalent);
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in wireless telecom industry;
- Experienced in Radio wireless network design and RF engineering knowledge;
- Good understanding of UMTS/HSPA and LTE networks;
- Good understanding of radio propagation theory and cellular system principles in the 700/800MHz, 1900MHz, AWS and 2.6GHz bands Radio transmitter and receiver and antenna system design;
- Good understanding of RF radiation safety and Canada’s SC 6 standard: expert user in EMF Visual for SC 6 studies;
- Knowledge of RF prediction tools such as Mentum’s Planet EV;
- Effective technical writing and communication skills in English; and,
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.