Senior Network Operator Architect
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is assisting our client who has an opening for a Senior Network Operator Architect for a twelve (12) month contract position scheduled to begin in April.
Provide contract services (1 year term) in support of the Wireless Technology Products, Consumer Devices and IoT team, responsible for the “cradle-to-grave” lifecycle support of Consumer and IoT devices.
- Investigate complex issues in smartphone, Consumer IOT devices affecting network, network programs and customers;
- Receive, track and do initial triage/analysis of reported issues to assign priority;
- Apply your experience of UMTS and LTE user plane/signaling call flows to identify unexpected behavior in devices and effectively troubleshoot using mobile, network logging tools etc. to establish root causes;
- Help to draft/craft technical root cause analysis results/position statement that addresses the impact of issues, what will happen when it is fixed and what are the potential workarounds if we didn’t solve the problem;
- Provide detailed technical information, logs etc. with device vendors to help resolve product issues identified in root cause analysis/solution;
- As a subject matter expert, you would be responsible for mentoring & training new grads in the team primarily in technical areas related to RF, Data Access, Core IMS Network etc.;
- Ability to write scripts, develop workarounds to resolve issues efficiently & expediently;
- Efficiently manage time while assigned to multiple concurrent projects, effectively prioritizing and adapting in a fast-paced challenging environment; and,
- Think out of box and beyond to resolve unique consumer end user experience/situations.
- B.Eng./BSc or MSc in Electrical, Computer or Data Systems Engineering;
- Aptitude for quickly learning different vendor technologies and tools;
- Ability to focus on multiple tasks concurrently with strong commitment to execution;
- Strong command of the English language – both written and oral;
- Highly functional knowledge and significant experience with 3G and 4G technologies (UMTS, LTE);
- Able to analyze WCDMA/LTE Layer 3 messaging (e.g., using mobile logging tools such as QXDM);
- Strong knowledge of IP networking protocols and able to analyze PPP and higher layer protocols such as SIP (using Wireshark or similar tools);
- Familiar with mobile operating systems; Android, iOS etc.;
- Committed team player, able to communicate well in a cross-functional team and develop effective cooperative working relationships;
- Valid G-class Ontario driver’s license (subject to verification);
- Experience in the design, optimization, and/or troubleshooting of wireless networks (GSM, CDMA, UMTS, LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth) and sensor technology;
- Familiar with these technologies: VoLTE, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, OMA-CP/DM, E911, location methods;
- Strong familiarity with Qualcomm chipsets and wireless module/device architecture;
- Familiarity with MediaTek, Samsung, Intel and other chipsets would also be an asset;
- Familiar with wireless device operating systems (Android, IOS, etc.); and,
- Computer programming/automation experience
Don’t miss out on this excellent career opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.