Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Tester for a one (1) year contract opportunity, scheduled to begin April 2018.
Key Responsibilities of a Tester
The successful candidate will:
- Analyze requirements and use cases to design Test Cases;
- Execute Functional Test Cases and document results to ensure system is performing as per requirements;
- Report defects with correct severity and priority, retest and confirmation testing;
- Responsible for follow-up and updating Defects and collaboratively working with the development team to determine root cause;
- Perform build verification testing, exploratory testing and ad-hoc testing;
- Perform regression testing and create regression test suite on business critical areas;
- Perform peer review of test artifacts and brainstorm issues and enhancements;
- Document test results, defects and reports on an ongoing basis;
- Participate in walkthroughs with Business Analyst and Test Lead;
- Prepare test data and incorporate data matrix into test design and execution.
Skills and Qualifications of a Tester
The qualified candidate must have the following:
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills – (Min 10 Years);
- Must have a quality oriented mindset and approach - (Min 10 Years);
- Experience developing and executing test plans and scripts - (Min 7 Years);
- Strong analytical skills and strong attention to detail – (Min 7 Years);
- Proven ability to define components to be tested and assign relative priority - (Min 7 Years);
- Experience in Defect life cycle, reporting defects with steps, screen captures and defect reporting - (Min 7 Years);
- Experience with Microsoft Test Manager (MTM) and Team Foundation Server (TFS) for test case design and TFS work items for defect management – (Min 3 Years);
- Must demonstrate working well in team environment (excellent interpersonal skills) - (Min 7 Years);
- Demonstrate a positive and willing attitude -(Min 7 Years);
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple assignments and deliverables at the same time - (Min 3 Years);
- Experience developing and implementing testing quality plans - (Min 3 Years);
- Experience producing application related testing documentation with the use of tools such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Paint and SnagIt – (Min 5 Years);
- MUST possess the ability to understand the testing methodologies (black box testing) and implement in test design;
- MUST possess knowledge of test management and defect tracking tools;
- Provide feedback on testing and changes in requirements;
- Follow the defect cycle for the project and report to Test Lead on an ongoing basis;
- Possess the ability to understand and apply Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) to testing activities.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.