Eagle is currently seeking a Database Administrator for a one (1) year contract opportunity, scheduled to begin April 2018.
Key Responsibilities of a Database Administrator
The successful candidate will:
- Develop and enforces data base standards and procedures;
- Interfaces with applications development team on database management issues;
- Analyze data and process requirements;
- Leads or participates in logical and physical database design;
- Review system and programming designs to ensure efficient use of database resources;
- Perform database performance improvements based on statistics and recommendations from the client;
- Advise and updates management and applications support team on database concepts and techniques;
- Research new database technologies;
- QA for optimizing and tuning databases and/or database objects;
- Identify improvements to existing databases by determining users' information requirements and system performance and functional requirements;
- Writes complex scripts for data manipulation and management as well as report generation;
- Provide regular status updates to Team Lead;
- Maintain and create database documentation.
Skills and Qualifications of a Database Administrator
The qualified candidate must have minimum eight (8) years in the following:
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Must have a quality-oriented mindset to product quality deliverables;
- Must possess excellent client relationship skills;
- Experience in database development and administration including supporting physical and logical Microsoft SQL Server databases;
- Experience exporting & importing data, data conversion & migration, creating database objects, performance tuning, analyzing SQL code, debugging performance problems;
- Experience in designing, programming, testing, debugging and optimizing data manipulation procedures in Microsoft SQL Server (procedures, triggers, functions, packages and views);
- Hands-on experience in Microsoft SQL Server 2008-2016;
- Must be able to work in a team environment, as well as independently with minimal supervision and work well under pressure;
- Demonstrate a positive and willing attitude;
- Experience producing application related documentation with the use of tools such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel;
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.