Technical Systems Analyst
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is assisting our client who needs a two (2) strong Technical Systems Analyst for a six (6) month contract position scheduled to begin immediately.
You will work in Risk Technology and Business project team members and vendor systems to design modify and/or build applications and integrated solution including third party systems and database servers. You will handle all aspects of IT delivery including coding, testing, documentation and coordination. In this position you will work to develop new or/ re-engineer of in house system to create strategic target platforms for aggregation and presentation of market risk measures, such as Enterprise level Market risk Full revaluation (historical simulation), Stress Testing, and Back Testing.
- Efficiently perform the day to day design, analysis and development tasks;
- Effectively enable our Business to reach their strategic and transformational objectives;
- Continually optimize our technology and operations cost;
- Partners with infrastructure and business teams in order to design solutions and resolve business system issues (i.e. workflow solutions, batch cycle troubleshooting, technical interface issues, software issues, etc.);
- Works closely with members of the development and QA teams to review requirements and implement solutions;
- Participates in meetings, provide input to presentations, and provides consulting services to business partners and Bas;
- Prepares high level and detailed technical specifications for the project in accordance with SDLC, security and architecture documentation objectives; and,
- Participates in walkthrough reviews of specifications and technical designs.
- Advanced level knowledge in Java and OOP; Strong experience in Spring, REST API, SQL and Unix scripting;
- Five plus (5+) years previous work experience as a developer or Technical Systems Analyst;
- Experience building productionized enterprise scale applications (handle large position volumes, historical scenario etc., and grid / distributed);
- Bachelor’s degree or community college diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science or Quantitative finance, Mathematics or related field;
- Strong analytical skill set, including the ability to transform business logic described in business requirements into solutions that include integration between third-party servers, database servers and vendor solutions;
- Experience working on projects in Capital Markets or related to financial products;
- Understanding of financial products (Bonds, Equity, FX etc.) and their valuation;
- Experience with Big Data Framework Hadoop (Spark, HDFS, etc.), with solid understanding of distributed system concepts and design;
- Familiar with Agile/Scrum and experience with continuous integration development; and,
- Working knowledge of Confluence, Jira would be an asset.
Don’t miss out on this excellent career opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.