INTERIM DIRECTOR, TECHNOLOGY SERVICES
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking an INTERIM DIRECTOR, TECHNOLOGY SERVICES. This is an eight (8) month, contract position scheduled to start in April.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing, maintaining and supporting infrastructure and client technology services;
- Leading the public procurement process (underway) to select a cloud provider for the development and application of cloud infrastructure and platform services including: infrastructure and platform services;
- Developing and beginning implementation of a change plan for the Technology Services division to adopt and utilize cloud services;
- Developing an implementation plan and timeline for cloud services;
- Monitoring and assessing the development of technology trends, practices and innovations in technology and key vendor roadmaps: Providing strategic guidance in the development of innovative solutions for business needs, strategic plan alignment, higher education industry trends and roadmaps for key partners;
- Making recommendations that are aligned with business objectives and reflected in institutional and divisional strategic and business plans;
- Leveraging technology to drive adoption of innovative and efficient solutions to support business requirements;
- Developing long range plans to ensure that services will meet the needs of the community and are delivered efficiently;
- Working with business clients and colleagues within Information Technology Services to collect, clarify and translate business requirements into documentation and conceptual designs which result in applications and solutions that are developed or acquired;
- Working with clients to elicit, analyze, translate and document business requirements in a manner that can be translated into technical requirements. Facilitating discussions with clients to elicit and anticipate business requirements and processes including user acceptance testing;
- Managing projects through the project lifecycle in collaboration with the Project Management Office and using the Project Management Methodology. Coordinating activities with project managers and the Project Management Office to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget;
- Coaching, mentoring, motivating and developing the Technology Services team ensuring a client focus and innovative approach to service delivery;
- Recruiting and retaining talent;
- Managing service delivery leveraging a service lifecycle methodology including performance measurement and continuous improvement;
- Evaluating and managing risk with the design and delivery of services. Working with the IT Security department of ITS to ensure services are designed, implemented and operated securely;
- Managing financial resources for projects and operations including the preparation of budgets;
- Communicating broadly and delivering presentations to committees and senior management; and,
- Participating on committees as required.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Minimum ten (10) years progressive management experience (five at a senior level);
- Undergraduate degree in a related discipline. A graduate degree is preferred;
- Formal training in PMBOK project management framework, SDLC frameworks and ITIL service management framework;
- Comprehensive understanding as to how to relate technology solutions to business problems;
- Strong interpersonal skills, political acumen and outstanding communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, manage expectations and build relationships at various levels with internal and external stakeholders;
- Experience managing a multi-million dollar project budget with a proven track record for delivering on-time and on-budget;
- Superior process orientation and project management capabilities;
- Ability to be a leader who develops, inspires, and instills a customer-first culture and attitude;
- Demonstrated creativity in analyzing and solving advanced problems;
- Proven ability to work effectively in a dynamic, high pressure and fast-paced environment while delivering high quality work and meeting deadlines;
- Ability to be a high-energy, innovative, self-starter with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, accountability and results orientation; and,
- Experience working for/with a higher education institute (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.