Junior Systems Engineer
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking two (2) Junior Systems Engineers for five (5) month contract opportunities, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Designing, building, and supporting the systems responsible for continuous integration, continuous deployment, and test automation;
- Working closely with Quality Assurance, Operations, and Product Management teams to define and produce deliverables meeting their requirements;
- Producing highly available, well performing systems to support software development and deployment;
- Understanding and helping refine unstated requirements;
- Routinely dealing with and resolving difficult technical issues;
- Taking responsibility for the quality of deliverables;
- Evaluating and introducing new tools and techniques to the Software Systems Automation team;
- Managing technical issues and the work of other Developers and QA Analysts on achieving reliable automation deliverables that are quality-focused; and,
- Proactively identifying areas for improvement, seeking solutions, and making recommendations.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidates must have:
- A Post-Secondary Degree or Technical Diploma in Computer Science or related field;
- Three (3) years of progressive experience in system administration;
- Experience administering Unix and Windows operating systems;
- Experience with container/orchestration technologies such as Docker, Rkt, Kubernetes, or Swarm;
- Strong system performance monitoring and tuning skill;
- Virtualization experience (Hyper-V, VMWare or other hypervisors);
- Understanding of network fundamentals (TPC\IP, Routing, VLAN, etc.);
- Experience with the deployment and management of complex system architecture;
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet and RunDeck;
- Experience with enterprise application development and integration;
- Familiarity with running databases such as Oracle and SQL Server; and,
- Experience in internet, telephony, wireless, billing, provisioning, or mediation systems would be a definite asset.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.