Operational Support Specialist, Data Flows
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking an Operational Support Specialist, Data Flows. This is a six (6) month, contract position scheduled to start in March.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Performing Middleware installation, configuration and maintenance;
- Supporting system integration testing, user acceptance testing and performance testing;
- Providing support in regular application deployments and implementations;
- Handling Incident tickets and Service requests as assigned;
- Participating in conference bridges and brainstorming sessions to address critical business issues;
- Performing middleware upgrades and software patch installation in non production environment and prepare upgrade plans for production;
- Setting up new development and testing environments as well as performing maintenance of existing environments;
- Preparing technical documentation including build books and implementation procedures;
- Performing other duties as assigned or required including 24/7 on-call pager support;
- Creating automated scripts to start/stop WebSphere Application Server, MQ, MQ Broker instances in various development and testing environments;
- Creating automated scripts for deployment of WAS applications and MQ Broker archives; and,
- Working with external vendors and internal groups to analyze system capacity and address resources issues as they arise.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Five plus (5+) years of IBM WebSphere MQ 7.x, 8.x administration experience;
- Five plus (5+) years of IBM WebSphere MQ Broker 6.x, 7.x, 8.x administration experience;
- Experience with Administration of WAS, MQ, MQ Broker, Directory server, HTTP Server;
- Knowledge of WebSphere and MQ configurations;
- Understanding of SSL and knowledge of setting up secure communication between WAS and MQcomponents;
- Strong understanding of High Availability concept and architecture;
- Knowledge of automation of middleware processes such as start/stop, monitoring, automated deployments of applications;
- Strong organizational, documentation skills and desire for continuous process improvements;
- Strong understanding of SDLC;
- Application Production support experience;
- Strong interpersonal, planning, facilitation, negotiating, and organizational skills;
- Ability to identify risk and issues and recommend appropriate mitigation plans;
- Ability to deal with changing priorities and meet tight timelines;
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and work independently with minimal oversight; and,
- Ability to work under pressure in a team for production support and respond effectively and efficiently to customers.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.