Eagle is assisting our client who is seeking a Network Designer.
This is a six (6) month contract position scheduled to begin immediately.
- Establishing partnership with the client, analyzing the situation and agree on the desired deliverables;
- Translate needs to solutions to be approved by the Architecture Committee;
- Analyze network requirements and their impacts (LAN, WAN and SECURITY) in the context of infrastructure projects;
- Produce documentation for the proper functioning of the infrastructure (diagrams, implementation plan, etc.) and the work of technicians and help desk support team;
- Edit telecommunications equipment configurations from the technical specifications of the implementation plan;
- Interface with various stakeholders (architects, PM, internal customer, operations...) concerning projects, implementations and operations support; and,
- Evaluate the results, benefits and quality of service; adjust the response plan as required.
Experience & Education
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in managing large, complex networks;
- Extensive hands-on knowledge in networks (LAN / WAN) and Telecommunications;
- Knowledge of the OSI model and the main network protocols and services (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP1&2, VLAN, VTP, Trunking, Port-Channeling, Spanning tree, etc.);
- Thorough knowledge of the management and support of routers, switches, load balancer to and firewalls (Cisco, Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Citrix, etc.);
- Knowledge of wireless technologies;
- Knowledge of authentication mechanisms (Radius, Tacacs, etc.);
- Knowledge of VPN technologies (IPSec remote access solutions to various customer sites);
- Experience in producing network designs;
- Experience in the implementation and support of network operations;
- Technical certifications (Cisco, Checkpoint, etc.) would be an asset;
- Capacity to produce technical documentation in a clear and concise manner (Microsoft Visio);
- Ability to implement complex business solutions and taking into account both technical and financial aspects;
- Ability to organize information;
- Rigor and worries to produce quality work;
- Facilitate to negotiate and resolve conflicts in sensitive business contexts;
- Attention to detail in respect of production;
- Make informed decisions based on the elements in place;
- Empower to communicate to an executive level with the various technical and business stakeholders;
- Efficient under pressure;
- Good skills in teamwork;
- Bilingualism (English-French) is an asset.
Don’t miss out on this excellent career opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.