Business Analyst EPS
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Business Analyst for a six (6) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
Key Responsibilities of a Business Analyst
The successful candidate will:
- Gather requirements in order to develop a Request for Proposal (RFP);
- Develop evaluation criteria, analyse the proposals, and make recommendations to the Steering Committee with respect to the selection of vendor(s) for system implementation;
- Rapidly understand and document the needs of the business to be able to identify the key business drivers and requirements;
- Take a leading role to assess requirements and to define, plan and oversee implementation of solutions;
- Translate gathered requirements and business processes into procurement documents, including request for proposals as needed;
- Conduct analysis, evaluate suitability and provide recommendations for solutions or improvements via training, business process changes, or system changes that balance benefits, costs and risks;
- Work with technical, business and project management resources to develop time and resource estimates and manage elements of project schedules;
- Assist in the selection and implementation of software solutions, including performing gap fit analysis of a selected solution to Company business requirements;
- Ensure that all initiatives achieve agreed to benefits;
- Conduct meetings/focus groups and training sessions with business unit “end-users”;
- Author, review, approve and assist in the creation of deliverables such as conceptual designs, process models (swim-lane), functional specifications, detailed designs and end-user documentation;
- Ensure stakeholders are engaged in the delivery of project objectives and deliverables including strategies associated with user acceptance testing, communications, training and implementation and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders;
- Participate and lead the development, documentation and implementation of system and user acceptance testing.
Skills and Qualifications of a Business Analyst
The qualified candidate must have:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Analysis, or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in information technology development and/or information technology consulting;
- Minimum 7 years’ experience specializing in Business Analysis including project experience in COTS implementations and robust, enterprise scale applications or initiatives;
- Demonstrated experience in requirements gathering and request for proposal creation, developing evaluation criteria, analysing the proposals, and making recommendations;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills;
- Experience creating detailed project documentation and reporting;
- Experience with enterprise information management systems an asset;
- Experience with a policing organisation, particularly in the area of information, records and document management a significant asset;
- Experience with FOIP regulations and compliance an asset;
- Experience with information architecture an asset.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.