Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is assisting our client who is seeking a Platform Specialist who will be working with Headend Technicians to validate services for new builds (access layer services) for DTV.
This is for a two (2) month contract position scheduled to begin immediately.
- Analyze the network configuration to identify network optimization opportunities for DTV networks;
- Candidate will be required to support the following:
- On Demand service,
- Red hat/CentOS Linux, and,
- Various HP servers and appliances including blade systems/chassis
- Be highly adaptive to work on the various technical and business tasks assigned by the manager; and,
- Apply the disciplined, methodical and professional planning process consistently.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Two (2) to five (5) years of experience within a DTV environment;
- Undergraduate qualification, preferably in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunication, or Computer Engineering;
- Knowledge on telephony network, cable network, voice network hierarchy (5 classes), traffic engineering and other supporting networks, i.e. Transport, Data/IP, Signaling, Operations Support Systems, i.e. billing, provisioning, etc.;
- Hands-on experience on large scale report creation in user-friendly format, massive data analysis; strong knowledge of software tools, especially on MS-Excel, Access and Visio;
- Familiarity with UNIX and database is an asset;
- Proven ability to deliver results with tight timelines;
- Quick learning and effective researching skills are a must;
- Demonstrated strong modeling and analytical skills; a high level of attention to detail and result required; and,
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills, ability to drive and to close the discussion with multi-functional groups.
Mandatory Skills: - With minimum three (3) years’ experience:
- LINUX, EXCEL, TCP/IP, WINDOWS 2003.
Don’t miss out on this excellent career opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.