Big Data Application Developer
Eagle is assisting our client who is seeking two (2) Big Data Application Developer. A Proficient Big Data Application Developer develops software according to the specifications from business analysts or more senior developers, for Big Data solutions. This role resolves software issues by working with technical staff to understand the issues. Designs and develops internal business systems/applications. Communicates and helps define design, requirements, feature set, functionality and limitations of systems/applications to team and development lead. This is an entry level position with specific direction provided by supervisor.
This is for a twelve (12) month contract scheduled to begin immediately.
- Perform testing and debugging procedures on existing applications and programs;
- Produce high quality code which is functional and maintainable;
- Participate in the development process for gathering requirements, implementing and releasing applications;
- Assist the first line support team in supporting the suite of applications; and,
- Assist team members in solving technical issues with programs and applications.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science;
- Five plus (5+) years’ experience developing large-scale, mission critical applications;
- Three plus (3+) years of full development life cycle experience, from architecture through test and deployment and cross platform skills;
- Deep experience with Big Data database footprint technologies such as: Hadoop / Hive or columnar databases like ParAccel, Vertica,Sybase IQ;
- One (1) year experience in Big Data application development in the Financial Services industry;
- Ability to write programs from specifications;
- Good documentation skills;
- Ability to learn new programming languages quickly and efficiently;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Proficient interpersonal skills to be able to interface effectively with a broad range of contacts; from technical staff to management;
- Proficient organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple concurrent activities and to work successfully under pressure;
- Can deal with ambiguity and manage requests for change;
- Comfortable in high pressure, deadline-oriented environment;
- Ability to adapt quickly; function independently when required;
- Creative thinker, breakthrough innovative, ‘out of the box’ thinker;
- Team player, cooperative with good interpersonal skills.
Don’t miss out on this excellent career opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.