Municipal Relations Specialist
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is assisting our client who is looking for a Municipal Relations Specialist. This resource is someone that will be dealing with municipalities as well as dealing with the general public in a public meeting setting. This role will deal relations in the land acquisition and new site build development i.e. fielding questions and dealing with disgruntled public about cell towers. The candidate must have a valid driver’s license, locations are GTA and possible Muskoka travel. Company vehicles are provided.
This is for a twelve (12) month contract scheduled to begin immediately.
- Champion municipal projects including project scoping, project plan development, project tracking, monitoring and reporting through proven project management principles and methodologies;
- Liaise with various municipal authorities and communicate our issues and requirements, remove road blocks in order to receive approvals in a timely manner;
- Collaborate with internal departments to effectively develop mutual designs that will achieve municipal approval;
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of all municipal project documentation;
- Track and report on initiatives and conduct post implementation reviews;
- Anticipate and manage potential risks that will arise;
- Communicate these to the stakeholders on a regular basis and ensure decisions are made quickly and effectively;
- Continue to build and improve on our relationships with our provincial permit approving authorities;
- Assist in the development and implementation of templates, procedures and processes as part of the continuous development of the Network Implementation;
- Contribute to monthly municipal updates which will be reviewed with senior executives;
- Conduct daily and weekly follow-ups as required to receive priority approvals;
- Follow up on all outstanding permits as required by Wireless business to ensure network builds are completed on time and in a cost effective manner; and,
- Designated spokesperson at public meetings, municipal presentations and committee/council meetings.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Three plus (3+) years of demonstrated progressive experience in municipal management, preferably in projects associated with the deployment or implementation of services for customers;
- Experience in managing simultaneous initiatives;
- Post-secondary education, preferably in a business administration, public relations or planning management related discipline;
- Completely conversant in Microsoft Project and other MS Office tools;
- High level of energy and strong passion to contribute to the successful completion of projects and to ensure the delivery of a positive customer experience;
- Great attention to detail. Creativity, flexibility and an ability to manage time and reset priorities in a dynamic environment;
- Analytical thinking and problem solving, presentation and facilitation, negotiation and relationship building and proficient probing, listening and positioning skills;
- Experience working with local municipality staff in reviewing development proposals; and,
- Experience reviewing guidelines, policies and land use-bylaws.
Don’t miss out on this excellent career opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.