Senior Contract Specialist
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Senior Contract Specialist for a six (6) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that all contracting and sourcing activities are completed with sound commercial judgment and on the right terms that will drive performance, value, and positive Project outcomes, while operating under safe, environmentally sound, and fair conditions;
- Managing the commercial relationships to control risks as agreed, and to resolve issues that arise, in an equitable manner that preserves the working relationship, while protecting the company’s interests and delivering the outcomes and innovation sought through the commercial relationship;
- Developing and articulating project and contract acquisition strategies within area of responsibility and communicate strategies to project clients and Senior Management;
- Conducting market and competitive intelligence research and analysis within area of responsibility;
- Supporting demand planning and supply planning;
- Developing and recommending commercial contracting strategies;
- Developing and recommending tactics and actions to be pursued in each strategy (i.e. contracting framework, supplier engagement, business participation, negotiation strategies);
- Validating commercial accuracy and feasibility of strategies;
- Developing commercial contract strategies (i.e. pricing types, optional pricing, incentives, milestones, etc.);
- Collaborating with Category Management on sourcing strategy development as applicable;
- Developing, issuing, and managing tender documents (RFPs, RFQ, RFIs, etc.);
- Leading cross-functional teams during contract tendering, formation, administration, and negotiation;
- Leading proposal analyses and proposal commercial evaluations;
- Leading the contract formation and/or contract administration process for various direct and indirect material purchases;
- Developing contract and service agreements that drive value within acceptable risks and in accordance with policies and procedures, approved contracting strategies, and BU Project drivers;
- Negotiating contract commercial terms, ensuring they meet requirements of internal stakeholders (i.e. risk, legal, project management, etc.);
- Documenting and communicating to senior management all recommendations for contract award including commercial rationale;
- Administering multiple contracts including issuance of change order requests, negotiation and approval of change orders, RFI's, etc.;
- Maintaining contract records in SAP, ensuring governance requirements are met at all times;
- Providing sound Supply Chain Management advice, guidance, and options to internal project clients while following established processes and proper authorization controls; and,
- Acting as a liaison ensuring timely review and approval/reconciliation of variations.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A relevant University Degree and five (5) to ten (10) years of related experience in sourcing and contracting or within the contract management. An MBA Degree is an asset;
- Experience in Supply Chain Management process and systems;
- Thorough understanding of contract structure, terms, conditions, and supplier performance;
- Experience in the oil and gas industry - midstream, energy generation, or construction experience;
- Project management or project controls skills and experience;
- Superior written and oral communication skills, analytical and problem solving skills, people management skills and financial acumen;
- Experience managing high value relationships with internal and external stakeholders and understanding of their objectives and needs;
- Proven strong negotiation skills and contract management expertise;
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple competing assignments; and,
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills to build effective working relationships at multiple levels, both internal and external.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.