Senior Business Analyst
Eagle is currently seeking a Senior Business Analyst. This is an eighteen (18) month, contract position scheduled to start in March.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Demonstrating analysis skills as a solution provider in gathering and writing requirements;
- Applying analytical abilities and specialized expertise to synthesize information and design solutions that leverage and extend business applications and services;
- Applying creative and critical thinking and diagnostic ability to gather client's functional and non-functional requirements and business rules using various elicitation and facilitation techniques;
- Playing a prominent role in working with subject matter experts and end-users to understand business needs;
- Applying a variety of data and process modeling techniques to describe business information requirements;
- Leading informative well organized presentations and facilitating sessions to review requirements and identify gaps; ability to bring others to agreement around a set of ideas to achieve the goal or bring about beneficial resolution;
- Delivering clear, complete and usable documentation that the client can validate to support the sign-off process and is useable for the technical project members to deliver the solution;
- Conducting planning and change management activities;
- Coordinating, planning and managing project-level deliverables by determining the best approach to use for gathering, validating and prioritizing requirements based on the nature of the project, risks and complexity;
- Identifying and resolving any issues created by changing requirements;
- Executing requirements management activities while remaining flexible to changing requirements and project deadlines;
- Promoting reporting and business analytics best practices;
- Communicating with stakeholders; utilizing formal and informal written communication methods (e.g. emails, Visio diagrams, PowerPoint presentations) to communicate updates and findings; and facilitating project meetings and presentations to all types of diverse audiences (e.g, senior management, stakeholders, technical staff);
- Leading or participating in multiple projects by completing and updating project documentation; managing project scope; adjusting schedules when necessary; determining daily priorities; ensuring efficient and on-time delivery of project tasks and milestones; following proper escalation paths; and managing customer and supplier relationships;
- Providing leadership to team members and peers by collaborating with others; articulating ideas and viewpoints by driving the resolution of issues; and holding self and team accountable for results;
- Identifying, creating and facilitating process design changes by conducting business and systems process analysis and design at a complex level; focusing on quality improvement and data management; ensuring data is reliable and valid; developing process improvements or re-engineering and recommending elimination; integrating new systems and processes with existing ones; and partnering with internal stakeholders to ensure systems provided meet the long-term business strategies;
- Providing project level analysis – producing required project analysis documentation (business requirements, scope matrix, use cases, sequence diagrams, future state proposals, contributing to the UAT plan);
- Collaborating closely with developers to implement the requirements, provide necessary guidance to testers during QA process; and,
- Identifying improvement opportunities (proactive and reactive).
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Excellent investigative and analytical skills;
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Ability to adapt quickly, to multi-task and to work under tight deadlines;
- Strong relationship management skills, including facilitating group sessions;
- Ability to communicate orally and in written form with both business and technical audiences;
- Ability to present complex or conflicting situations/issues to stakeholders;
- Experience working on IT projects and in a team environment;
- Solid understanding and experience with business analytics development methodologies and technologies;
- Experience in identifying and documenting business analytics and BI reporting requirements, including OLAP and self-service reporting; and,
- Minimum of an Enhanced Reliability security clearance.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.