Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently assisting our client’s search for an RF Designer for a twelve (12) month contract scheduled to begin immediately in the Barrie, ON.
Our client is looking for an RF Designer/Systems Planner for new fibre builds (OSP). Ideally someone who has experience with cable. They must have AutoCAD experience, and SpatialNet is a bonus.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Responsible for changes and additions to the outside plant cable network;
- Liaise with local utilities, municipalities and private property owners in order to ensure the timely completion of projects;
- Provision accurate field information for the design of projects. This involves the survey of existing plants, structures and proposed routes for planning and design of CATV facilities;
- Ensure the project's accuracy before issuing plans to the Construction Department and update construction information in order to provide up-to-date system maps;
- Coordinate projects involving cost estimates, reports and updating other departments on project status and flow of information between the groups, and minimize negative subscriber and municipal issues;
- Liaise with Customer Service, Construction Department, subcontractors and subscribers to ensure a smooth flow of information between the groups, which minimizes negative subscriber and municipal issues;
- Investigate, coordinate and provide detailed synopsis of special projects as requested, ensuring completion within established timelines;
- Learn and adhere to all applicable Health and Safety regulations, in accordance with legislation and related Company policies; and,
- All other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Post-secondary diploma in one of the following is preferred: Electronics Technology, Data Communication or Civil Technology;
- Minimum 5 years in the telecommunications field;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and SpatialNET;
- Must have a valid driver's license with a safe driving record;
- Knowledge of CSA standard, municipal by-laws and regulatory and utility standards;
- Formal Project Management training would be an asset;
- Demonstrate behaviors which support the key success factors: Customer Focus, Teamwork, Communication and Innovation;
- Strong organizational skills while managing multiple projects simultaneously;
- Strong communication skills and good interpersonal skills are required
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years’ experience (previous experience of working in a professional environment/ project management is considered an asset);
- Possess excellent Microsoft application skills (Excel, Word and Outlook);
- Experience with MS Project would be considered an asset;
- Detail-oriented, with an emphasis on quality of work;
- Proven exceptional work-ethic, self-motivated, and highly driven;
- Good verbal communication and writing skills are essential;
- Polished "follow up" and information gathering skills;
- Excellent organizational skills; and,
- Must be flexible and willing to perform other duties as required.
Don’t miss out on this excellent career opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.