AS/400 & Windows System Admin
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently assisting our client’s search for an AS/400 & Windows System Admin for a six (6) month contract scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Provides technical support to the helpdesk and other IT functions including the server and network infrastructure;
- Completes documentation as per Systems standards including Change Control, capacity planning, disaster recovery, and performance management;
- Maintains the corporate server, data center and network infrastructure;
- Ensures the stability of the Company’s systems environment through regular maintenance, testing and implementing of new technologies; and,
- Provides on-call support.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Diploma in Computer Systems, Systems Administration, or related technical discipline with five plus (5+) years of related work experience as primary support for one or more of the infrastructure areas;
- IBM Certified Specialist are an asset;
- Advanced knowledge of multiple technologies. Server technologies including AS400, Windows 2008/2012;
- Knowledge of Lawson Financial application is an asset;
- OS level security administration;
- Desktop support skills in a Windows 7 environment;
- Experienced with team environments; successfully initiated and completed a variety of projects;
- Project management skills;
- Issue management skills (time management; interpersonal skills including conflict management;
information gathering skills; team building skills to build collaborative working relationships);
- Problem solving skills;
- Communication skills including verbal and written (ability to produce Technical documentation and present project status to senior executives);
- Customer service skills including effectively and efficiently responding to Associate inquiries;
identifying stated and unstated customer needs; building relationships with Associates and Vendors; resolving any conflicts or problems that might arise; etc.;
- Ability to prioritize and manage a number of tasks simultaneously; and,
- Working knowledge of Citrix, BlueCoat Web Filtering, Symantec Antivirus, LanDesk and Tivoli Storage Manager would be an asset.
Don’t miss out on this excellent career opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.