Senior Java Developer
Eagle is currently seeking a Senior Java Developer. This is an eighteen (18) month, contract position scheduled to start in March.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing REST Based micro-service using the Spring and Spring Boot Framework in Java;
- Developing Event driven system using Messaging services. (E.g. ActiveMQ, Kafka, RabbitMQ, JMS, etc.);
- Developing Java libraries and re-useable frameworks;
- Developing Unit Test cases using JUnit and Mockito;
- Developing Integration Test cases and Test Harnesses;
- Generating sequence and class diagram to explain and describe your implementation;
- Developing Docker images and different artifacts using Maven;
- Performing technical spikes on different technologies;
- Managing and storing code in GIT;
- Developing Jenkins Jobs;
- Participating in the daily stand up as part of one of the SCRUM team;
- Performing story size estimation;
- Participating in all phases of the development methodology life cycle to implement the required application technology while adding technical know-how and creativity;
- Resolving complex problems related to systems within area of expertise; applying existing criteria in new ways and possibly develop new approaches;
- Developing application for high availability and disaster recovery;
- Helping the Front Developers create screens using Angular and Bootstrap;
- Ensuring good understanding of the business environment, constraints and flows and of the technology that supports them; and,
- Providing on-the-job training, coaching, guidance and support to more junior employees.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- University degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant work experience in application development and systems integration;
- Demonstrated experience with a variety of technologies/approaches, including JEE, Maven, Docker, Nexus, Jenkins, Git, multi-platform applications and service-oriented architecture (SOA);
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects of testing, including unit, performance and stress testing;
- Strong understanding of database design and implementation;
- Demonstrated experience of Object Oriented patterns and frameworks;
- Demonstrated experience in building of well structured, re-usable and flexible application frameworks required to achieve/support desired application and business flexibility;
- Demonstrated experience with DevOps tools and processes;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required; must be able to communicate technical details clearly to multiple levels of an organization;
- Strong knowledge of principles and best practices in software architecture and
architectural/design patterns and frameworks;
- Demonstrated technical understanding of network and storage topologies, server maintenance and support, web security and database design;
- Experience in building, deploying and orchestrating Micro services;
- Previous experience within a highly integrated/driven team framework such as Agile; and,
- Bilingualism (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.