Eagle is currently seeking an NOC Analyst. This is a twelve (12) month, contract position scheduled to start in March.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing complex end to end web hosting solutions for customers;
- Promoting and enforcing best practices on solutions delivery to produce maximum uptime;
- Providing leadership to physical security and facilities teams;
- Providing consultative and professional services to customers;
- Working with vendors for product information, pricing and support;
- Performing datacentre tours for customer prospects;
- Assisting in provisioning of customer architectures;
- Engaging other departments for solutions design and delivery;
- Researching and evaluating new products and technologies;
- Designing and building tools to assist in operations management such as knowledge bases, capacity planning systems etc.; and,
- Performing quality assurance and testing to ensure production readiness.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Bilingualism (English/French);
- College or University Degree focusing on the discipline of telecommunication or engineering;
- Minimum two (2) years network experience in a data center and managed IT services environment;
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever changing environment;
- Excellent understanding of server operating systems (Linux, Windows);
- Strong understanding of IP, subnetting and TCP/IP protocols;
- In Depth of knowledge in backup and storage technologies;
- Extensive experience in security systems such as firewalls, VPNs and IDS;
- Strong understanding of networking fundamentals and OSI model;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent teamwork and customer service skills;
- Good understanding of sales cycle;
- Good knowledge of hosting marketplace;
- Experience with Windows and open-source operating systems;
- Capability to build an informal knowledge network to assist in their knowledge and development;
- In-depth knowledge of switching and routing (an asset);
- Knowledge of SQL, Exchange, Citrix (an asset); and,
- Knowledge of Cisco CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, Microsoft MCSA/MCSE, Red Hat RHCT or other, Network+ (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.