Application Developer Lead
Eagle is assisting our client in the search for an Application Developer Lead to work on projects which mainly support IPTV and High-Speed Internet. The applications are diagnostic apps or customer equipment (modems etc.). Aside from the candidate having deep development skills, this resource should have experience as a team lead (coordination, attending JAD sessions and other meetings, code reviews etc.).
The role itself will encompass development, designing applications and providing solutions.
This is a four (4) month contract position scheduled to begin in March.
As the Application Developer Lead, you will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with IT Platform Management, work with the business to obtain the necessary clarity of the requirements at a function point context;
- Work with project managers, sponsors and other stakeholders to develop and plan technical strategies, agree upon project priorities and deliver applications that support business requirements;
- Also responsible for the Systems integration testing of applications prior to code release to Quality Assurance;
- Applications Development professionals are responsible for working with their managers to assure their own continuing professional development for both technical and soft skills and that of their teams; and,
- At the more senior levels, application developers are expected to train others, participate in company and industry working groups, and encourage learning, sharing culture that supports development of innovative and effective business solutions.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- University Degree or College Diploma;
- Five plus (5+) years JAVA/J2EE Development;
- REST services;
- SDLC (in both Waterfall and Agile/Scrum environments);
- Application architecture experience;
- Experience with Analytics (Big data, Hadoop);
- Passion to continue leaning and growing in their skillset; a go-getter;
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal skills; and,
- Communicates effectively with both technical and operations management.
Don’t miss out on this excellent career opportunity, apply online now!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.
Job ID# 53675