Eagle is currently seeking a GIS Developer for a six (6) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin in March.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing and documenting software based on a defined set of design and performance requirements;
- Adhering to processes defined by the Technical Lead and Solution Architect;
- Data Analysis and Integration;
- Proactively providing ideas to improve proposed solutions;
- Actively participating in application design;
- Actively participating in code walkthroughs/inspections;
- Preparing sample data and unit test plans;
- Troubleshooting and correcting complex bugs or issues (including performance issues);
- Developing and executing unit and integration tests as per the project plan and defined standards;
- Providing estimates of work effort;
- Assisting in the set up and execution of demonstrations as required; and,
- Aligning all work effort with the project schedule/work plan.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A Degree in Geospatial Information Science;
- Ten (10) years’ experience;
- Solid knowledge in ESRI platform and ArcGIS Desktop and Server products;
- Strong knowledge of Python, GeoCortex, ETL tools;
- Working experience with PODS (Pipeline Open Data Standard) and FME Desktop and Server products;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills;
- The ability to work in an iterative (agile) team environment with regular releases;
- Strong ability to understand and develop alternatives to match business objectives with available technology and/or process solutions;
- Personal initiative, leadership, creativity, and resourcefulness;
- Project and task ownership and accountability;
- Excellent communication and oral skills;
- Deadline orientation, focused on achieving results; and,
- Demonstrated ability to provide accurate estimates of work effort.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.