Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is assisting our client in the search for a Project Manager to oversee the application of project management methodology during all phases of the project cycle, with responsibilities that include project design, scope management, cost control, quality, risk management and performance reporting. This is a six (6) month contract position scheduled to begin in March at a top tier organization.
- There is a high volume of end of life devices that need to be refreshed so frequent weekend implementations will be required;
- All Production implementations are scheduled after business hours or on weekends;
- It is mandatory that the PM is available to coordinate, manage and engage in implementations after business hours and on weekends;
- Implementation frequency: Average 2 to 3 weekends per month (from Saturday night to Sunday morning);
- Implementation duration: Average of 2 to 3 hours (normally from Saturday 11:30PM to Sunday 2:00AM depending on complexity);
- Weekend implementation co-ordinations are performed from remote (no need to go to office); and,
- 70% of the PM's time will be allocated to Data Centre Network Obsolescence project while 30% will be allocated to other network infrastructure projects.
Job Responsibilities/Job Functions:
- Develop, track and manage project budget, project plans, timelines and scope using MS Excel and MS Project;
- Manage project resources task completion;
- Work with technical and business teams to identify applications that will be impacted by network changes;
- Partner closely with other members of functional business teams to review application business requirements to set up implementation dates;
- Ensure business groups has appropriate test plans for migrations;
- Lead teams of technical resources in the delivery of high-quality solutions that meet business needs;
- Adhere and ensure team is following the Data Centre End of life Process Guide;
- Facilitate pre-migration walkthrough meetings and implementations;
- Set up and host war room meetings after migrations;
- Monitor and control finances and scope to ensure cost-benefit analysis is aligned with the business case;
- Ensure appropriate project management processes are being adhered to; and,
- Make presentations to steering committees or project sponsors as required.
What we’re looking for:
- IT Project Manager (3+ years’ experience delivering technology and business application solutions in a large-scale, multi-platform systems environment);
- Network Infrastructure (3+ years’ experience with Cisco networking devices such as routers, switches, firewalls, etc.);
- Data Centre environment (3+ years’ experience);
- MS Project, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint (3+ years’ experience);
- Previous FI/Banking Industry experience;
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment under pressure;
- Understanding of financials within a project;
- Ability to communicate well with business and technical stakeholders;
- Your PMP/PMI designation would be an asset; and,
- Good understanding of how to troubleshoot in an IT environment.
Don’t miss out on this excellent career opportunity, Give us a call now @ 1-800-281-2339 and quote Job ID# 53566 or apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.