Dev Ops Developer
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is assisting our client in the search for a Dev Ops Developer who is motivated and experienced.
This is a six (6) month contract position with a top tier company in the Toronto area scheduled to begin immediately.
A Dev Ops Developer is responsible for designing, modifying and/or expanding computer information systems to improve production workflow or to serve new purposes. Handles all aspects of an organization’s operations, including planning, monitoring, coding, testing, documentation, accounting, forecasting, coordination, scheduling, etc. Prepares detailed technical specifications and provides input to DBA in modifying existing database structures for different types of databases. Typical project scope includes small to medium development or maintenance projects (multiple functions, single application at one time). Emphasis is split between testing, technical analysis and design.
As a Dev Ops Developer, you will for:
- Design technical solutions that meet business requirements and PLC deliverables including component reusability, data sharing and security;
- Handle all aspects of an organization’s operations, including planning, monitoring, coding, testing, documentation, accounting, forecasting, coordination, scheduling, etc., using different techniques and tools (top-down, OO, Rational Rose);
- Provide estimates on activities/tasks required to perform design, coding and unit testing, improving accuracy over time;
- Coordinate design phases for medium projects/programs, identifying, tracking and resolving technical issues;
- Prepare detailed technical specifications in accordance with all Project Office objectives for PLC and documentation;
- Organize and participate in walkthrough reviews of all technical specifications, programs and unit test plans;
- Coordinate implementation, planning and execution;
- Coordinate and provide input to DBA in modifying existing database structures for different types of databases (IMS, DB2, Oracle, SQL, SYBASE, etc.);
- Develop, code, document programs of average to high complexity using different languages;
- Write unit test plans and provides coordination and support of testing using different tools;
- Coordinate testing of joint project plans, evaluating vendors and 3rd party software based upon set criteria;
- Perform database/disaster recovery testing for individual databases;
- Perform performance tuning to improve performance of the application;
- High level planning of phases of projects meeting project objectives within budget and on time;
- Provide on-call support of applications, database etc. (e.g., Flex-hour positions (between 6:30 am and 6:30 pm) may involve some evenings and/or weekends – normal day is from 8:30 am to 6 pm.;
- Will be required to carry a blackberry/pager (rotate every other weeks) to provide off-hour support duties);
- Complete technical documentation and training material and distributes; and,
- May provide direction, expertise, feedback, coaching and development to build the capability of more junior staff.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field;
- Three (3) to six (6) years previous work experience as an Advanced Technical Systems Analyst;
- Five plus (5+) years’ work experience on Information Technology projects supporting an enterprise-wide environment;
- Three (3) to five (5) years in the financial services industry would be an asset;
- Knowledge of different programming languages (e.g. COBOL, JCL, Java, C, HTML, VB, Visual C++, C#, .NET etc.);
- Prior experience with single platforms and familiarity with others e.g. MVS, Internet, Client/Server;
- User proficiency with different testing tools (E.g. Expediter, File-Aid), different design techniques (e.g. OO. Top-down, structured analysis, component-based design) and tools (e.g. Rational Rose);
- Strong documentation skills;
- Analytical thinker, detailed oriented, with good problem solving skills;
- Organized with good time management skills;
- Business acumen;
- Strategic influencing;
- Can deal with ambiguity and manage change effectively;
- Comfortable in high pressure, deadline-oriented environment;
- Ability to adapt quickly; function independently;
- Creative thinker, breakthrough, innovative, ‘out of the box’ thinker;
- Team player, cooperative with good interpersonal skills; and,
- Ability to provide direction and coaching.
Don’t miss out on this excellent career opportunity, Give us a call now @ 1-800-281-2339 and quote Job ID# 53540 or apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.