Junior/Social Media Specialist
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Junior/Social Media Specialist. This is a twelve (12) month, contract position scheduled to start in March.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing social media communities across all social platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram etc.);
- Coordinating with stakeholders to ensure superior quality of customer service and support is provided to our community;
- Setting up and measuring the performance of paid campaigns on various social platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat etc.);
- Writing and creating content (tweets, Facebook posts, visuals, blog posts etc.) for social media channels;
- Distributing content across our social channels and administering sponsored campaigns;
- Monitoring effective benchmarks for measuring the growth of the community, and analyzing, reviewing, and reporting on effectiveness of new initiatives; and,
- Regularly feeding back insights gained from community monitoring into marketing, product and customer service teams to help them evolve their strategies, and vice versa Monitoring trends in online community tools and applications.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- University or College degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, and/or relevant job experience;
- Two to four (2-4) years of experience in social media, with a proven ability to build and engage online communities;
- Experience planning and executing paid social campaigns;
- Ability to be flexible and comfortable operate in an ever-changing environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as being creative, diplomatic, and cool under pressure;
- Advanced technical understanding and interest of business innovation and technology, with the ability to grasp complex concepts and articulate them in a simple and engaging way;
- Familiarity with the capabilities and limitations of various social channels and platforms i.e., LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.;
- Experience using social media management systems (Hootsuite, Lithium, etc.);
- Strong project management and organizational skills;
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and build and maintain relationships;
- Confidence to take the lead and guide other departments when necessary;
- Graphic Design Skills (e.g. Photoshop) (an asset);
- Experience with Wordpress (an asset);
- Customer Service Experience (an asset);
- Bilingualism (French/English) (an asset);
- Comfortable working in a virtual team environment (an asset); and,
- Knowledge of subjects such as Cloud Computing, Unified Communications, Data Centres, and the telecommunications industry as a whole (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.