Network Security Support
Eagle is currently seeking a Network Security Support Resource (Palo Alto/Cisco Firewalls) for a nine (9) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- The installation, problem diagnosis, repair, and maintenance of a full range of network security devices and infrastructure;
- Addressing issues of availability, reliability, and security policy enforcement across the company’s security infrastructure;
- Providing mentorship to more junior team members to foster team technical growth and operational diligence;
- Limited after-hours support will be required from time to time;
- Acting as a second level support resource for secure network (VPN, Firewall) communication problems;
- Creating and editing firewall rule sets;
- Leading the implementation of new network security initiatives and creating the appropriate technical support documentation;
- Providing network/security context and design requirements for the Infrastructure Design team resources;
- Providing advanced technical support, technical direction, and mentoring to appropriate staff within the Network Services team;
- Working with our Project Management Office in support of new project implementations of the Cisco VOIP deployments and assistance with turn-over of new deployments to Operations;
- Effectively managing many concurrent project and operational initiatives;
- Keeping current on industry products and technologies available for communications (i.e. Telephony services, monitoring systems, security software); and,
- Working closely with all departments to develop an in-depth knowledge of business needs, ensuring solution execution, and providing problem resolution (a limited amount of after-hours and on-call work will be required from time to time).
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A Diploma or Degree in a relevant field such as Telecommunications or Computer Science;
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in technical infrastructure and telecommunications;
- Experience administering and proven technical experience with security systems, in particular; Palo Alto Next Generation Firewalls and/or Cisco ASA Firewalls is essential;
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP and routing and switching protocols (i.e. OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, spanning-tree);
- Experience and solid understanding of Network services such as RADIUS, NTP, DNS, and DHCP;
- Preference will be given to individuals with Cisco Security and/or Palo Alto certification (SANS GSEC, CISSP);
- Experience working with Network Management tools;
- Experience with load balancing (F5) and wireless (Aruba) solutions would be an asset;
- Experience with PaloAlto Panorama, VPN devices, and related management and support systems would be an asset;
- Protocol, performance, and statistical analysis is an asset;
- Strong organizational skills with a proven attention to detail;
- The ability to function effectively in a multi-team environment and to adapt to multiple dynamic priorities, which can change with little advance notice;
- The ability to work independently and with a strong sense of system ownership; and,
- The ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing with sensitivity to the audience and content of discussion.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.