Eagle is assisting our client in the search for an Application Architect who is motivated and experienced.
This is a six (6) month contract position with a top tier company in the Toronto area scheduled to begin immediately in Saint John, Moncton or Fredericton, New Brunswick.
This position will lead the efforts to provide effective management to a diverse application portfolio. The position is responsible for ensuring the application portfolio meets the current and future needs of the individual businesses, as well as the enterprise. Reporting to the Director of Architecture, responsibilities for this position include the following.
As an Application Architect, you will:
- Provide leadership in assessing current applications to ensure they meet the current and future business needs;
- Selection of application solutions for our companies ensuring they meet the objectives of the business;
- Ensure the application architecture is aligned with the enterprise architecture standards and guidelines;
- Provide Current State, Transition State, and Future State artifacts for application assets;
- Participate in the development of enabling strategies;
- Provide expertise on application architecture principles, approaches and best practices;
- Identify and manage metrics needed to provide effective application portfolio management;
- Provide guidance to Instance Strategy decisions for Enterprise Applications;
- Working with the IT Application Owners, define the appropriate integration patterns needed for each application;
- Ensure that application solutions meet the security needs of the organization; and,
- Provide leadership in application cost management by understanding cost drivers of applications and providing effective management techniques.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of Five (5) years’ experience working as an application architect in a diverse, enterprise IT environment;
- Minimum of Five (5) years’ experience designing, planning, implementing and supporting software solutions in an enterprise IT environment;
- Experience in creating application architecture artifacts;
- Experience providing leadership, planning, estimating, and presentations of ideas and solutions;
- Ability to work effectively in a team based environment; and,
- TOGAF certification is preferred.
Don’t miss out on this excellent career opportunity, Give us a call now @ 1-800-281-2339 and quote Job ID# 53458 or apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.