Senior Database Administrator
Eagle is assisting our client in the search for a qualified Senior Database Administrator to successfully plan, implement and deploy the Oracle 12c Upgrade Project. The project will be deployed across both French and English regional offices. This is a long term engagement that will ideally flip to perm once the initial contract component is completed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities of this position:
- Define high level database architecture based on project’s needs;
- Design, install and configure new databases related to Business Projects;
- Review security procedures and practices relating to the database installation;
- Design and build both off-the-shelf and customized monitoring tools to maintain service levelson applications;
- Plan and perform significant database software upgrades;
- Monitor, Maintain and Administer Production, QA and Dev environments and familiar with change request process;
- Execute database administration tasks such as daily routine checks and operational reports analysis;
- Root cause analysis of production-related database issues;
- Maintain appropriate backup and recovery methods for applications;
- Test, validate and implement performance and resource optimization improvements in consultation with other teams; and,
- Create and modify user accounts, privileges and share permissions upon receipt of approved request forms.
Interpersonal and Communication Skills:
- Provide mentoring and technical guidance to other members of the team and to the development teams;
- Support software developers to provide structure, procedures and functions that meet operational and business requirements;
- Lead exercises to improve performance on applications;
- Document practices and procedures used to support database installation and maintenance;
- Provide management with appropriate status reports on various projects and initiatives.
Service Requirements – Qualifications:
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience in Database Administration;
- Minimum seven (7) years’ experience administering Oracle, MS SQL Server and MYSQL Production;
- MongoDB and Cassandra Database knowledge is an asset;
- Proficiency with Oracle and its components ,coupled with in-depth knowledge of the latest versions (11g,12c);
- Proficiency with MS SQL Server and its components ,coupled with in-depth knowledge of the latest versions (2012, 2014, 2016);
- In depth knowledge of the UNIX, Linux and Windows environments;
- Database performance tuning knowledge;
- On call 24/7 on a set schedule;
- Oracle OCP (Oracle Certified Professional) an asset;
- MS SQL Server (MCDBA) certification an asset; and,
- Bilingualism is an asset.
Don’t miss out on this excellent career opportunity, Give us a call now @ 1-800-281-2339 and quote Job ID# 53402 or apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.