SAP BASIS Consultant
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a SAP BASIS Consultant. This is a five (5) month, contract position scheduled to start in February.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Completion of operational basis tasks related to production and non-production
- Completing all and/or portions of upgrades to SAP and in scope applications on UNIX and Windows;
- Performing detailed analysis of system issues and problems with recommendation for resolution;
- Coordinating with other Basis team members to ensure status updates and task completion are transparent and communicated;
- Providing detailed specification guide to complete upgrades so that other Basis team members can be cross-trained and complete the upgrade in other systems;
- Performing Basis administration activities essential to the delivery of SAP services and projects;
- Providing mentoring and knowledge transfer to IT team on systems set up,
configuration and support requirements;
- Providing ad-hoc operational support as requested by the IT Team Lead – Basis;
- Providing formal documentation, in accordance with Project Lifecycle Methodology, and documentation standards;
- Producing weekly status reports, broken down into daily number of hours worked and by task, using time tracking system;
- Communicating assignment status in a timely and clear fashion to the IT Team Lead – Basis; and,
- Providing weekly updates on deliverables and impact of proposed changes to
timelines to the IT Team Lead – Basis.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Solid knowledge of the SAP Basis system (ABAP and Java stacks);
- Knowledge and experience with the SAP NetWeaver suite (ECC, SRM, BI, Portal, Business Object);
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience with at least two (2) SAP implementation life cycles;
- Proficiency in UNIX, Windows platforms;
- Proficiency in Oracle, MS SQL and HANA database;
- Experience with UNIX scripting to support operation and improve monitoring or
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills; and,
- Diplomacy with a strong desire to provide leadership to the functional teams on issues of SAP Basis functionality, internal -Best Practices- in an SAP sustainment organization and SAP system implementation.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.