Project Manager/ Delivery Lead
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Project Manager/ Delivery Lead. This is an eighteen (18) month, contract position scheduled to start in February.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing and evolving long term relationships with Business Leads, Project Portfolio Managers, Enterprise Architecture (EA) and technology vendors to plan and deliver high value business solutions;
- Providing delivery oversight to initiatives and projects within one or multiple delivery portfolios, and across multiple delivery teams and stakeholders;
- Monitoring and enabling Project Managers to collaborate with business and technology teams to execute quality solutions that are delivered on time, on budget and meet overall sponsor expectations and Service Level Agreements;
- Securing required resources, and using formal project/program management processes and tools to manage resources, budgets, risks, schedules and changes;
- Directly managing small and medium sized projects to ensure on-time completion according to the specifications of the deliverable, within budgeted costs and according to Project Portfolio Enablement & Standards (PPES) standards;
- Ensuring a smooth transition to the Solution Support team for sustainment;
- Supporting Delivery Managers to build and maintain the forecasted view of portfolio and project demands;
- Assisting in maintaining portfolio budgets and reviewing project financial health;
- Developing, maintaining and improving vendor relationships and processes including vendor selection, negotiation, contracting, and performance management for specific projects under direct area of accountability;
- Fostering a culture of continuous improvement for delivery processes and practices; and,
- Participating in the continuous improvement of delivery practice areas including Project Management, Vendor Management, Business Analysis, Development Discipline, Quality Assurance and Application Support.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum seven to ten (7-10) years of direct work experience in large scale project delivery, including all aspects of program/project management process development and execution;
- Project management and IT project governance skills with the ability to initiate and successfully execute multiple interdependent projects from concept to completion;
- IT Vendor lifecycle experience including selection, contracting, performance management and risk mitigation;
- Experience working with industry standard program/project management methodologies and frameworks;
- Knowledge of various IT project delivery methodologies (Agile, Hybrid Agile, JAD, Waterfall);
- Hands-on experience working with MS Project Server (MPS) environment or other equivalent project server environments;
- Excellent motivational, teamwork and problem solving skills;
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills;
- Consulting skills (facilitation, influencing, diagnosis, conflict resolution, negotiation);
- Knowledge of application development and support processes;
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment;
- Bilingualism in French and English (an asset);
- PMP certification (an asset); and,
- Experience working in the Financial or Insurance industry (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.