Manager Data Governance
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is assisting our client in the search for a Manager Data Governance. This role is responsible for the creation and oversight of processes that govern enterprise data and information. The role will partner with Business teams that create data, Software teams that design and interact with data, and ultimately Data Engineering teams to ensure the consistent intake and translation of information. The role will pursue opportunities and implement solutions to improve the business connection, understanding, and applications with data and the translation to information for decision making and analysis.
This is a permanent position with a top tier company in the GTA.
You will be accountable for:
- Creating partnerships and process frameworks with Software Development and Business teams to understand data creation processes, business definitions, and data value;
- Creating processes to build and maintain organizational metadata;
- Managing the setup, usage, and business processes to support an institutional data governance tool;
- Defining and designing the Data Governance interfacing processes to the enterprise project management office to allow for seamless impact assessments, faster project implementations, and robust supporting documentation;
- Rolling out and building support model for data governance processes and knowledge support to data groups;
- Creating data quality measures and institute controls and thresholds for monitoring processes to ensure data quality throughout the data eco system;
- Coordinating and establishing interfaces to Data Governance steering committee and Stewardship team to enable collaboration across business user and ownership groups;
- Providing leadership on governance best practices for data creation and partner with business owners to evaluate KPI measurement needs and data capture to support said needs;
- Partnering with BI and Analytics teams to implement governance elements to reporting and self-serve analytics platforms; and,
- Collaborating with business and security teams to define and manage data user access roles.
Your experience includes:
- University degree preferred in Computer Science, Statistical Methods, Business or Finance (Master’s in Business, or related field is considered an asset);
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience (equivalent work experience may be considered a substitution);
- Three (3) to five (5) years Data and Analytics experience including data integrations;
- Demonstrated ability in linking business and technology teams in data strategy;
- Previous experience in the payment industry considered an asset;
- Experience working on a business or IT based Data Information team (BI, CDO, Analytics);
- Data architecture or engineering experience considered an asset;
- Knowledge of computer applications and database management tools including, MS SQL, Database mining tools, and visual basic or relevant programming language;
- Data visualization experience using Tableau, QLIK, DOMO, etc.;
- Strong presentation skills using MS PowerPoint and MS Visio;
- Able to manage and be successful with complex and ambiguous situations/requirements and the need to change initiative direction;
- Ability to challenge norms of design and engineering with an ability to produce a common positive outcome;
- Highly developed and proven consulting, change management, project management and strategic thinking capability;
- Able to make and clearly articulate linkages between stakeholder needs and value achieved through proactive data definition and analysis;
- Process oriented and extremely analytical;
- Excellent research, analysis and communications (written and verbal) skills;
- Highly developed impact and influence capabilities;
- Ability to challenge leadership status quo on consumption of data and information;
- Actively pursue opportunities for improving operational effectiveness;
- Be able to work in a fast paced manner, continuously juggling multiple projects;
- Ability to define and manage an opportunity from identification to solution management; and,
- Fluent in English (reading, writing, and verbal).
Don’t miss out on this excellent career opportunity, Give us a call now @ 1-800-281-2339 and quote Job ID# 53365 or apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.