Network Designer/System Integrator
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently assisting our client in the search for a Network Designer/System Integrator.
This is a six (6) month contract scheduled to begin immediately.
As the Network Designer/System Integrator, you will be expected to:
- Work with vendors such as Cisco, Zodiac, Seachange, Rovi, Arris, Veveo, AllDigital to plan and implement embedded service features;
- Understand and execute project plans to complete tasks relative to technology validation, milestones, and budget;
- Development of project plans with specific tasks, milestones, and effort required in order to introduce new technologies/improvements to existing services;
- Provide periodic project status updates and issues for management escalation;
- Creation of key engineering documents, including:
- Technical requirements;
- Engineering plans/specifications;
- Service specifications;
- Vendor analysis
- Co-ordinate with primary stakeholder groups including Product Development, Product Management, Technology, Network Operations, Go-To-Market teams and IT;
- Management of lab platforms and multiple software code revisions in labs for STB testing purposes;
- Configuration of STB software in lab platforms;
- Management of current generation DTV STB testing methodology and execution; and,
- Execute, assign or lead junior staff in the execution of the necessary testing requirements to validate technology platforms or systems.
Required knowledge and Skills Experience
- University degree in a technical area (e.g. Engineering/Computer Science);
- Professional Engineering designation and SCTE Certification an asset;
- Previous experience with a major telecommunications provider/cable operator and/or direct involvement in building large telecommunications networks;
- Minimum 3 or more years direct experience in Digital TV/IPTV network architecture and operations;
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical management;
- Lead solution integration activities on technical problems as a key member in issue analysis and resolution;
- Perform peer reviews of engineering specifications, vendor information and roadmaps for technical accuracy and viability;
- Ability to lead an independent team and organize time among multiple tasks;
- Ability to modify established guidelines, to create new approaches, to apply existing.
Mandatory Skills: Candidates should have 5 years previous experience with the following:
- LAN, LINUX, HDTV OR DTV, MANUAL TESTING, Cisco DNCS.
Don’t miss out on this excellent career opportunity, Give us a call now @ 1-800-281-2339 and quote Job ID# 53362 or apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.