Intermediate Java Developer (2)
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking two (2) Intermediate Java Developers. This is a seven (7) month, contract position scheduled to start in February.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing application code for bugs and minor enhancements;
- Working with other application management teams on cross-team incidents;
- Analyzing application and other technical logs;
- Working with colleagues on issues and business requirements;
- Maintaining activities completed on incidents in the enterprise incident management system;
- Participating on project teams to interpret functional requirements and write application code to fulfill the requirements; and,
- Providing support to test teams during product and UAT testing of the technical solution developed.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- University/college degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) or three (3) years of work experience in related field;
- Development knowledge and experience working in Java;
- Development knowledge and experience working with Java application servers (WebLogic, Tomcat, etc.);
- Experience with source version control, build and dependency management tools (Subversion, Git, Maven, etc.);
- Development knowledge and experience working with RDBMS, SQL;
- Experience with Web Service technologies (REST/SOAP);
- Experience with ITSM (information technology service management) practices: incident management, problem management, and change management;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) (an asset);
- Experience supporting enterprise production applications and environments (an asset);
- Experience working in Agile environment (an asset);
- Experience with ITIL (an asset); and,
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.