Telecom Engineers and Network Designers
Eagle is currently seeking five (5) Telecom Engineers and Network Designers for a six (6) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin in February.
The successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Determining the scope of the network design, application implications, # sites, type of sites, unique requirements, risks to the business;
- Data Traffic Analysis – SCADA/Corporate;
- Data network security review;
- Defining technical requirements in general and then on a site by site basis;
- Identifying design guidelines to be used, Architecture, industry standards, best practices;
- Developing general solution designs (patterns/standards), or specific to site;
- Developing general solution implementation guidelines;
- Identifying design and project risks;
- Recommendations to reduce design complexity and costs;
- Developing device scripts or configuration samples;
- Determining site survey requirements and analysis of site survey results;
- Site specific designs and implementation recommendations; and,
- Implementation support with configuration and field personnel.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidates must have:
- Experience with Telecom and IS Architecture to understand requirements at a high level or to make appropriate recommendations;
- Telecom Industry knowledge to support:
- IP Networking, LAN;
- Copper/Fiber/Ethernet LAN extensions;
- Wireless Access Points, WAN;
- Carrier Support – Verizon, AT&T, Century Link;
- Private line, MPLS, ISP;
- Wireless Technologies;
- VSAT, Cellular, Wireless;
- Wireless Path Studies;
- IS/Data network security;
- Legacy Infrastructure support, Serial Data Connections, X.25 Data Network support;
- Prepare legacy infrastructure for transition to IP network capability;
- Corporate Network support, LAN/WAN, Telephony, Carrier, Cisco VoIP, QoS, Video;
- Understanding of SCADA applications in the Oil and Gas industry, pipeline expertise preferred;
- In depth working knowledge of serial data interfaces, transmission, device polling support, etc.; and,
- Telecom life cycle implementation experience preferred.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.