Intranet and Website Specialist
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking an Intranet and Website Specialist, scheduled to begin immediately.
Key Responsibilities of an Intranet and Website Specialist?
The successful candidate will:
- Lead and guide the intranet and external website, as key tools to connect our company to external and internal stakeholders, news, events, and business resources and processes;
- Act as an intermediary between Communications and Information Services – with advanced knowledge of using SharePoint as a website content management system (web CMS), to lead and support Communications-led initiatives and work with IS to ensure the success of all projects as they relate of Company’s internal and external website;
- Determine best performance measures and provide analytics and reporting to build and continually improve our intranet and .com;
- Build strong internal client relationships in pursuit of delivering strategic online communication;
- Document requirements and build web features and functionality that support online communications program to increase employee knowledge, awareness and understanding about Company’s business, priorities, processes and expectations;
- Act as the intermediary between the Communications team and IS – understanding the needs of the communications team and then working with IS to ensure both departments understand each other;
- Implement reporting tools and create reports that allow the Communications team to set priorities and make informed, actionable decisions based on historical website data;
- Ongoing development of Company’s internal website – working with all Business Units to understand needs – then design and build new sites;
- Act as intermediary between Communications team and vendor selected for Intranet platform – managing upgrades and finding new and unique ways to use platform features and functionality to improve the Intranet;
- Write and oversee content, design, and maintenance of the intranet and internet including building web pages and using templates;
- Continuously look for ways to reduce internal costs – using technology to create process efficiencies and ensuring budget for digital is providing the highest value;
- Involved in decisions regarding technology selection for tools required by the Communications team. This includes platform selection for the Internet/Intranet, web traffic analysis, and survey tools;
- Direct and oversee the work of service providers as required and provide project management for business analysis experience to design, build, and implement online/internal communications tools;
- Through working relationships with business units, provide strategic communications direction and delivery to meet their communication needs on the intranet and internet;
- Define strategic goals, develop and implement plans for online tools/resources (intranet and internet), including current knowledge of best practices for the web (tools, trends, monitoring, and analysis);
- Research, recommend, and lead the implementation of emerging technologies that promote feedback and foster employee collaboration and engagement;
- Research, recommend, and lead the implementation of a new internet site (including rewriting content, developing wire frames, user testing, and implementation);
- Create and maintain intranet and web content, as well as set new and innovative direction for online and internal communications;
- Help with implementation of corporate brand standards, website design and content, and external online presence in a way that enhances and protects the company’s reputation;
- Help with the implementation of governance models, related guidelines and sound publishing and content management processes for internal and external online/electronic communication tools;
- Work across all areas of the organization – meeting weekly with different business units providing intranet and internet, guidance, direction, and support;
- Serve as resource to all employees on intranet, internet, activities and ensures that all programs are well-informed about online initiatives;
- Develop and maintain exceptional working relationships with client groups and business units to identify their online communication needs, balance them with organizational priorities and available resources and identify appropriate channels and tools.
Skills and Qualifications of an Intranet and Website Specialist?
The qualified candidate must have:
- Five to seven (5-7) years’ experience in positions related to website design and development and online communications;
- Proven ability as a team player who builds consensus and works effectively across different functions;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and facilitation skills, including demonstrated experience in writing online - creative and results-focused, skills in project management, content strategy and writing, understanding target audiences, proofing precision, online marketing, and ability to work well with colleagues and vendors;
- Understands how to apply strategic thinking, planning, effective communications methodologies, research, and measurement to build an effective internal communications function;
- Expert level understanding of web content management software and web content theory;
- Ability to take initiative, exercise sound judgment, and regularly solve problems independently;
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated experience in developing and defining strategic goals for digital communications exposure;
- Proven track record of managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy;
- Understanding of design principles and graphic design experience;
- Administrator level understanding of both the SharePoint Team site and Publishing environments;
- Adobe Creative Suite;
- Knowledge and experience in project management and business analysis;
- Strong understanding of Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and Search Console.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.