Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking an Oracle DBA. This is a twelve (12) month, contract position scheduled to start in February.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Architecting and planning the design, build, configuration, maintenance, capacity planning & security of the Enterprise database services, middleware & third party applications;
- Leading the implementation of application releases through the different environments;
- Integration of data with applications & services that are both internal & external;
- Leading problem analysis & resolution regarding critical incidents & daily support operations such as unexpected outages, database contention, security modifications & back-up or disaster recovery procedures;
- Management of large systems which includes clustering & load balanced applications;
- Engaging functional areas of the organization, including management, to ensure that identified changes to existing and/or new functionality meet the business needs of the affected parties & that any & all risks are identified, understood by those parties and mitigated/reduced;
- Oracle database architecture & security design, provisioning testing, training, development, QA, & production environments; including database & application software installation, quarterly release management, configuration, performance tuning & facilitation of end-to-end testing to ensure target service levels are met;
- Supporting & managing databases & middleware applications for systems such as Banner SIS, FIS and ODS, Workflow, Document Management, Cognos and HRMS within a physical, virtual & clustered environment spanning multiple databases & applications tiers;
- Leading a cross functional team, resource allocation & coordination, requests receipt, monitoring of resolution progress, provision of status updates to groups as appropriate, determining root cause & ultimately validation of implemented solutions;
- Providing recommendations to the capacity planning of servers, storage & network environments in order to ensure that resource requirements are addressed in advance of actual requirements for implementation on a timely basis;
- Upgrading technical skills to keep abreast of trends and changes; and,
- Providing feedback and recommendations to management where inappropriate of misuse of the system by staff, faculty and/or student.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience as an Enterprise Oracle Database Administrator;
- Four (4) year degree in Computer Science/ Management Science or equivalent training & experience;
- Oracle and MS SQL Certification;
- RedHat Certification;
- Leadership training;
- Experience with RedHat & Windows Server operating systems including command-line tools, configuration management, monitoring & back-up technologies;
- Understanding of the strengths & weaknesses of the IT environment, components & operations;
- Knowledge of Data modelling & database development methodology & techniques, programming languages & data storage & retrieval techniques;
- Superior written & communication skills of both technical & non-technical nature including: client consultation, interviewing, consensus building, facilitation, negotiation;
- Active listening skills;
- Proven ability to problem-solve & conduct root cause analysis;
- Ability to influence others to move towards a common goal;
- Knowledge of Project management methodologies & best practices;
- Configuration & change management skills;
- Investigation, resolution & follow-up skills for issues in technical environments with associated understanding of the impact on policy, service levels & communications plans;
- Experience with Banner (by Ellucian) ERP software (an asset); and,
- Experience with higher education processes (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.