Internal Auditor/Internal Controls Specialist
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking an Internal Auditor/Internal Controls Specialist for a six (6) month contract position, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Designing internal audit program, approach and tools;
- Assessing financial and operational risks and prioritize areas of focus based on the preliminary risk assessment;
- Applying top down, risk based approach to the review;
- Identifying the need for and document policies, internal controls and procedures;
- Identifying objectives for the process, system or department being evaluated;
- Evaluating internal controls from a design and operating effectiveness perspective and document test procedures and results;
- Identifying causes and contributing factors relating to deficiencies in processes;
- Preparing audit reports detailing observations, risks and recommendations;
- Managing project economics and change orders; and,
- Presenting audit results/reports to Senior Management.
Skills and Qualifications
The successful candidate must have:
- Undergraduate university degree, preferably in Accounting or Business Administration;
- Professional designation desired (CIA, CA or CMA or CGA);
- A university degree and one of the aforementioned designations are mandatory;
- In depth knowledge of internal audit that has been gained through experience in business or technology related areas;
- 1 to 2 years of internal or external IT, business process or operational audit experience;
- Good understanding of the IIA standards;
- Good understanding of the regulatory requirements (Sox404, NI52-109);
- Good understanding of the control frameworks and standards like COSO, COBIT & ISO27000 is a definite asset;
- Good understanding of standards governing the issuance of service organization reports (CSAE316, SSAE16, ISA), CICA requirements with respect to special audit reports (s5805, s5810, s5815) and specified procedures (s9110);
- An enquiring mind and audit skills a must (obtain audit evidence);
- Strong oral and relationship skills are essential to interact effectively with clients and drive control improvements;
- Demonstrated skills in report writing are essential, along with effective presentation abilities; and,
- A consultative nature, with solid managerial skills in building client relationships and managing projects.
Don't miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.