Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Project Manager for a six (6) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately. Please note International travel will be required in this role.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- The coordination and completion of multiple concurrent projects as part of a large, enterprise-wide, two (2) year field industrial facility telecom upgrade Program;
- Overseeing all aspects of vendor enabled telecom engineering and construction field projects;
- Setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities, and monitoring safety, quality, and summarizing cost forecasts and progress of vendors and internal resources;
- Building and maintaining working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved in the projects;
- Preparing reports for upper management regarding status of projects;
- Making decisions and recommendations on highly technical and/or complex issues, some of which will not have formal guidelines or precedents. Exercises resourcefulness and ingenuity to interpret and apply guidelines, standards and policy;
- Applying expertise in the area of field network - concepts, practices, and typical construction and/or engineering procedures;
- Ensuring the projects comply with established procedures and vendor management processes;
- Leading projects using a formal risk management approach that provides visibility of risks and applies the appropriate risk treatments in the areas of safety, operational, execution, and cost risk;
- Applying expertise communicating often technical matters with technical and non-technical staff;
- Applying extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals;
- Negotiating changes in scope, budget or schedule with Vendor(s), Program leadership, and/or Line of business management; and,
- Providing guidance to other project managers and could act as Program Manager.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A Degree in a related discipline or ten (10) years relevant Project Management experience. A degree in engineering is highly regarded;
- A minimum of seven (7) years managing complex IT infrastructure, telecommunications, Industrial Automation construction or engineering projects. Preference will be given to candidates with exposure to, telecommunications technologies and services (MPLS, VSAT, LTE, etc.) and or SCADA, control systems automation;
- Previous experience working with third party vendors;
- Experience working on major capital projects with an IT flavour; and,
- Background in construction or engineering would be ideal.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.