Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Project Manager for a twelve (12) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
Key Responsibilities of a Project Manager
The successful candidate will:
- Assess, plan, and execute appropriate project management requirements for projects at various stages of inception and completion;
- Direct the execution of agreed upon and prioritized initiatives;
- Negotiate and define success and end criteria for the project;
- Develop detailed project plan that includes: developing project goals, scope, charter and work breakdown structure, identifying and sequencing major project milestones and tasks, estimating time and resource requirements, and identifying project risks and contingencies and strategies for managing those to ensure project success;
- Typically this will involve the development of a detailed project charter that defines overall project goals, deliverables, timelines, costs, associated roles and responsibilities, and sign-off and approval process;
- Provide direction throughout the life of the project and responsible for ensuring that the organization can fully exploit the outcome of the project, specifically that the benefits are delivered;
- Ensure that all initiatives are effectively resourced, managed, delivered on time, and achieve agreed to benefits;
- Direct project completion, monitor and control progress and resolution of all project related issues. Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path;
- Refine estimates and track costs for time and resources against budget on ongoing projects and recommend subsequent budget change where necessary;
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans;
- Act as a contact for stakeholders for escalation of significant and complex issues related to processing, business partner issues and project progress;
- Actively participate in the change request process and dispute resolution process;
- Ensure stakeholders are engaged in the delivery of project objectives and deliverables including strategies associated with user acceptance testing, communications, training and implementation;
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders;
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas;
- Ensure ongoing communication and regular updates to sponsors and stakeholders regarding project status including associated risks and issues. Ensure that projects remain aligned with business objectives.
Skills and Qualifications of a Project Manager
The qualified candidate must have:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum seven (7) years’ experience in information technology and/or information technology consulting;
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in IT Project Management, focusing on application procurement or implementation projects.
- Experience with Records Management Systems would be an asset;
- Experience with Detainee Management Systems would be an asset;
- Experience with a Police or Public Safety organization would be an asset.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.