Eagle is currently seeking a Business Analyst for a twelve (12) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
Key Responsibilities of a Business Analyst
The successful candidate will:
- Rapidly understand and document the needs of the business to be able to identify the key business drivers and requirements;
- Translate gathered requirements and business processes into functional specifications;
- Conduct analysis, evaluate suitability, and provide recommendations for solutions;
- Work with technical, business and project management resources to develop time and resource estimates and manage elements of project schedules;
- Assist in the selection and implementation of software solutions, including performing fit-gap analysis of a selected solution to Company business requirements;
- Ensure that all initiatives align with business needs and achieve stakeholder benefits;
- Conduct meetings/focus groups and training sessions with business unit end-users;
- Author, review, approve and assist in the creation of deliverables such as conceptual designs, process models (swim-lane), functional specifications, detailed designs and end-user documentation;
- Ensure stakeholders are engaged in the delivery of project objectives and deliverables including strategies associated with user acceptance testing, communications, training and implementation and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders; and,
- Participate and lead the development, documentation and implementation of system and user acceptance testing.
Skills and Qualifications of a Business Analyst
The qualified candidate must have:
- Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Analysis, or equivalent work experience;
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in Information Technology development and/or information technology consulting; and,
- A minimum of six (6) years’ experience specializing in Business Analysis including project experience in COTS implementations and robust, enterprise scale applications or initiatives.
The following skills are considered nice to have:
- Experience with Records Management Systems would be an asset;
- Experience with Detainee Management Systems would be an asset; and,
- Experience with a Police or Public Safety organization would be an asset.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.