Intermediate Security Analyst
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking an Intermediate Security Analyst for a ten (10) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin in November.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- The installation, problem diagnosis, repair, and maintenance of a full range of network security devices and infrastructure. This position addresses issues of availability, reliability, and security policy enforcement across the company’s security infrastructure consisting of firewalls (Cisco and Palo Alto), VPN devices, and related management and support systems;
- Acting as a second level support resource for secure network (VPN, Firewall) communication problems;
- Creating and editing firewall rule sets;
- Leading the implementation of new network security initiatives and creating the appropriate technical support documentation;
- Providing network/security context and design requirements for the Infrastructure Design team resources;
- Providing advanced technical support, technical direction, and mentoring to appropriate staff within the Network Services team;
- Working with the Project Management Office in support of the new project implementations of the Cisco VOIP deployments and assistance with turn-over of new deployments to Operations;
- Effectively managing many concurrent project and operational initiatives;
- Keeping current on industry products and technologies available for communications, (i.e. Telephony services, monitoring systems, security software); and,
- Working closely with all departments to develop an in-depth knowledge of business needs and ensuring solution execution, and providing problem resolution (a limited amount of after-hours and on-call work will be required from time to time).
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A Diploma or Degree in a relevant field such as Telecommunications or Computer Science;
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in technical infrastructure and telecommunications;
- Proven technical expertise with security systems and Firewalls, in particular; Cisco and Palo Alto;
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP and routing and switching protocols (i.e. OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, spanning-tree);
- Experience and solid understanding of Network services such as RADIUS, NTP, DNS, and DHCP;
- Preference will be given to individuals with Cisco Security and/or Palo Alto certification (SANS GSEC, CISSP);
- The ability to work independently and with a strong sense of system ownership;
- The ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing with sensitivity to the audience and content of discussion;
- The ability to work with Network Management tools;
- Experience with load balancing (F5) and wireless (Aruba) solutions would be an asset; and,
- Skills in protocol, performance, and statistical analysis is an asset.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.