EMR Solutions Architect
Eagle is currently seeking an EMR Solutions Architect. This is a six (6) month, contract position scheduled to start in November.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing IT architectural leadership in the design and development of solution requirements that advance the maturity of EMRs in alignment with the Ontario EHR blueprint, provincial architecture and standards;
- EMR Integration with the provincial eConsult service;
- EMR Integration with the Digital Health Immunization Repository (DHIR) and the Digital Health Drug Repository (DHDR);
- Foundational EHR Connectivity requirements for EMRs including identity management, single sign-on, context sharing, connectivity to the provincial HIAL, privacy and security;
- Requirements development for EMR Integration with a provincial EMR physician dashboard;
- Other EMR integration solutions or EMR Certification development activities as required;
- Ensuring use of health-related messaging standards for the exchange of health information and data standards for improved data quality;
- Leveraging recognized ISO security guidelines and other standards to advance minimum privacy and security policies and controls for EMRs;
- Developing and documenting architectural artefacts for each of the EMR maturity initiatives and for foundational EMR Concepts;
- Providing architecture leadership and direction in the development, support and publication of EMR requirements and specifications;
- Supporting EMR vendor validation and compliance activities which ensure alignment of EMRs to EMR Specifications;
- Leading and facilitating cross-stakeholder EMR technology workshops with subject matter experts from multiple stakeholder, organizations to develop and validate EMR solution requirements;
- Developing and providing presentations and documentation to various internal and external audiences as required and reporting regularly on progress and status; and,
- Participating in project meetings to report on progress and issues management.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in Information Technology architecture and standards;
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in design and/or delivery of provincial health care technology solutions and services;
- Prior experience working with EHR connectivity requirements;
- Experience with community-based EMR solutions and office technologies;
- Experience with EMR Certification Program including development of, or alignment with EMR Specifications;
- Experience with health-related messaging and content standards including nomenclature and terminology;
- Prior experience with health sector privacy and security principles and policies (e.g.: ISO 27001/27002);
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining productive working relationships with health system stakeholders including EMR vendors, health system delivery partners and clinicians in complex, multi-stakeholder health care environments; and,
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills; able to present to internal and external executives.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.