Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Platform Technician for a two (2) month contract position, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Working with engineering, technology, content management, and product teams to ensure the company is getting packages from providers, packages are tested on time and that discrepancies are reported;
- Ensuring acquisition of any back catalogue that wasn’t delivered and report on week to week trends and defect management;
- Leading and oversee the technical onboarding of all providers/brands;
- Actively participates on all projects related such as upgrades, modifications, augmentations, new service introduction etc.;
- Proactively monitoring the end-to-end performance of the platform and provide case studies and recommendations based on findings;
- Collaborating with Technology, and Engineering and other internal teams to ensure that all planned work is not negatively impacting network performance and,
- Leading the development and continuous improvement of content management tools within video services.
Skills and Qualifications
The successful candidate must have:
- Very strong understanding of metadata, transfer protocols and video content management systems;
- Aspera experience (platform used to transport and manage on-demand packages);
- Strong understanding of Video Encoding and Transcoding Platforms and processes, including but not limited to Mezzanine, ABR, CBR and Codec & Wrappers;
- Ability to take intelligent risk and encourage risk-taking in others;
- Dedication to their work and,
- Ability to not be afraid to ask for help or make suggestions.
Don't miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.