Senior Application System Administrator
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Senior Application System Administrator. This is a six (6) month, contract position scheduled to start in November.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Working with and support/maintain a COTS ERP and TMS systems including but not limited to application configuration, troubleshooting of complex incidents, development of new features through front end application and development of reports;
- Monitoring applications and take corrective actions to prevent or minimize system down time;
- Ensuring continued, uninterrupted service of applications through identifying and resolving incidents and problems in a client/server environment;
- Providing third tier support for the Company’s business applications, including periodic on-call support;
- Troubleshooting to resolve system related problems; coordinating with relevant system analysts, database administrators and/or 3rd party vendors;
- Creating and maintaining technical administration documentation; and,
- Assisting with developing policies, procedures, programs, and scripts, as required.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- University or College Degree in Computer Science/Technology or equivalent;
- Minimum of four (4) years of pertinent work experience with at least two (2) years’ experience in the administration of a large COTS application or software package;
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written);
- Good knowledge and demonstrated troubleshooting abilities;
- Demonstrated ability to be the subject matter expert in supporting, maintaining, and administering complex applications;
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills and knowledge of analytical tools;
- Experience in using software tools/utilities to manage support/service calls and problems (ITSM);
- Sound judgement and attention to detail;
- Experience with Sox compliance and methodologies;
- Good working knowledge of formal change management processes;
- Basic knowledge of SQL and relational databases;
- Experience supporting applications running on Oracle and/or SQL Server;
- Ability to be a self-starter, able to work independently without significant coaching or oversight;
- Strong planning, prioritizing and time management skills - must be able to undertake and manage multiple tasks at the same time and work under deadlines and operational pressures;
- Experience with administration of an ERP such as IFS, Oracle or SAP (an asset); and,
- Experience working with Cloud Services and Applications would be (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.