Mainframe Application Specialist
Eagle is currently seeking a Mainframe Application Specialist. This is a seven (7) month, contract position scheduled to start in October.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Defect resolution of complex calculation modules (both CICS and Batc);
- Documentation of program issues for resolution;
- Working with a technical solution to facilitate expert design modules;
- Performing Technical/Functional feasibility studies;
- Working with Developers, Schedulers [batch], Operational staff, other SMEs;
- Working with users and leadership on complex CICS Online and Batch processes;
- Providing application teams with analysis on problem determination and resolution of coding issues;
- Creating presentation materials related to application development code base;
- Technical System Analysis;
- Ensuring Service Level Agreements are met for applications supported; and,
- Supporting testing process framework (Development, System and Business testing lifecycles).
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Ability to be a technical interface between engineering and testing teams to provide innovative and efficient approach to resolution of issues;
- Excellent Professional Communication Skills;
- Excellent proven working experience as a Mainframe Developer (CICS/Cobol);
- Middleware developer background [working experience];
- Working experience as a technical System Analyst;
- Working experience using Agile methodology;
- Working experience within fast paced environment;
- Ability to work both independently, and within team atmosphere;
- Strong analytical and technical skills;
- Strong organization skills;
- Strong Vendor Management skills;
- Strong Mainframe (CICS/Cobol), accented by Windows and UNIX knowledge;
- Strong documentation skills;
- Experience with defect tracking tools. Example HPQC; and,
- Familiarity in managing within a compliance framework.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.