Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
ur client requires an Oracle DBA who has experience to handle the Pega Database, Pega Applications.
This is a six (6) month contract position with a top tier company, scheduled to begin immediately.
You are a Big Data expert and are expected to be skilled in enterprise solution design, provide hands-on subject matter expertise to build and implement Cloudera Hadoop-based Big Data solutions, manage data governance, encourage cross-functional collaboration and drive delivery with development teams.
- The development DBA focuses on tasks related to building an effective, usable database environment to support the creation and maintenance of applications;
- As programs and systems are being built, the development DBA is there to lend assistance and support - which includes building and maintaining the proper database structures required by applications;
- Process of data modeling and normalization to ensure that databases are designed to promote data integrity;
- Accomplishing this requires the ability to interview end users and to turn the results of such interviews into a logical data model and E/R diagrams;
- Furthermore, the development DBA must be able to translate the logical data model into a physical database implementation;
- Once the test database is created, the development DBA assists programmers in building and editing test data;
- Test data generation, editing, and loading are required processes in order to ensure that appropriate data is available to test applications as they are built.
- As programs are tested, data in the database will change. Programmers need tools to be able to determine what changed as a result of running their programs;
- The development DBA needs to be able to provide tools to facilitate database testing and data refresh. For example, the ability to compare the contents of two tables and show the differences is helpful to determine the effectiveness of a program execution;
- The development DBA needs to work with the application team to ensure that proper methods are used to embed data access and modification logic into application programs;
- This includes issues such as using the appropriate drivers, JDBC/ODBC implementation, coding proper connections, and so on.
- Working with the application development team to ensure that appropriate and efficient SQL is being coded and tested is a big responsibility of the development DBA team; and,
- Finally, the development DBA must work with the application team to create and maintain effective database-coupled application logic - stored procedures, triggers, and user-defined functions (UDFs).
- These are programs that are under the control of the DBMS. The development DBA will help to build, test, and maintain stored procedures, triggers, and UDFs.;
- Successful implementation of these database code objects requires both programmer and DBA skills; and,
- Some of the issues involved in successfully supporting these objects include source code management (check-in/check-out), versioning, impact analysis, and code testing.
Don’t miss out on this excellent career opportunity, For additional information on this position, give us a call now @ 1-800-281-2339 and quote Job ID# 51035 or apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.